2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly my question - Jayden or Kendall?
Janet Jackson GIF

Advertisement
I haven’t overhyped ****. I’ve literally posted nothing on Scott or Stewart for months other than I never bought It. Nothing more.

Rather than using one big brush to paint all the “ insiders “ how about call them out by name ? I know why y’all don’t but still. You lump everyone together even though we all have different info , sources and takes . Let’s be real when people hear “ insiders” I’m one of the first names they think of and that’s why I get annoyed by the use of that title.

That’s why I keep all the info to myself.

Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
To be fair, the 'Best DL in the nation' was coming from Wiltfong, Pate, DMoney, Gaby etc.. aka Mario was hinting at this privately. There's a reason we have 2 Defensive line coaches, JT being one of them and a majority of our OV's have been to the defensive line room. But get your point. I'd be thrilled with Lightfoot, Russell, Franklin, 1 of the Jacksons and Jones. Would love one more freaky edge but that would be nitpicky.

Advertisement
Yeah, sorry, @Cribby , I was definitely not directing it at you. I lumped people together because I can't remember who said what and don't want to unfairly call any one person out. ... Honestly, this isn't really directed at anyone, it's just a metapoint that the bipolarity of the boards is inflamed by insider expectation setting.

Again, I know and appreciate the fact that you, Cribby, were balanced and more circumspect.
I think you may have meant media or simply sub out "insider" for "media" and most will likely agree. The paid guys who do it for clicks are the ones I recall hyping ish up and throwing ish against the wall. Maybe Flo if you want to consider him an insider but he does not post here he does his own thing. I dont think any CIS insider has been saying we get errybody.

**** Gaby's Mock class prob put more heightened expectations than anyone else.

Advertisement
To be fair, the 'Best DL in the nation' was coming from Wiltfong, Pate, DMoney, Gaby etc.. aka Mario was hinting at this privately. There's a reason we have 2 Defensive line coaches, JT being one of them and a majority of our OV's have been to the defensive line room. But get your point. I'd be thrilled with Lightfoot, Russell, Franklin, 1 of the Jacksons and Jones. Would love one more freaky edge but that would be nitpicky.

I think Taylor will be an elite recruiter if he stays at UM. However, I have no doubt other schools have been telling recruits that everyone knows JT has his eyes on the NFL so he's probably not going to be the UM DL coach in 3 years.

IMO Salave’a is a dud when it comes recruiting DL. He's got to have an on field position to be able to recruit Polynesian players effectively, so Cristobal stuck him as a position coach where there is another coach who can carry the water.

I think Taylor will be an elite recruiter if he stays at UM. However, I have no doubt other schools have been telling recruits that everyone knows JT has his eyes on the NFL so he's probably not going to be the UM DL coach in 3 years.

IMO Salave’a is a dud when it comes recruiting DL. He's got to have an on field position to be able to recruit Polynesian players effectively, so Cristobal stuck him as a position coach where there is another coach who can carry the water.
If Mario is smart he will help JT towards becoming our next DC.

Advertisement
I haven’t overhyped ****. I’ve literally posted nothing on Scott or Stewart for months other than I never bought It. Nothing more.

Rather than using one big brush to paint all the “ insiders “ how about call them out by name ? I know why y’all don’t but still. You lump everyone together even though we all have different info , sources and takes . Let’s be real when people hear “ insiders” I’m one of the first names they think of and that’s why I get annoyed by the use of that title.
Shots Fired GIF by Barstool Sports

Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

Advertisement
It is. Imagine going head to head vs. a back to back championship program after a 5-7 season. Not many coaches would even be in this position, let alone win it. Let’s let this play out.

Breland is a truly elite DT, and I am holding out hope we can close him. No doubt it would be an impressive feat if Mario & Co. could beat the elites for an elite recruit like this.

But there are no prizes for being in this position if it doesn't result in an executed NLI for UM. Talent acquisition is a bottom-line, results business.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Fingers crossed for the good guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back