2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I cant help but think about DJ Johnson who we all were excited about. Man never saw the field lol. Wyatt Gilmore is a better player right now imo. Maybe Franklin has higher upside but more bust possibility. Even the upside is debatable cuz Gilmore is not some plodding big white Dude. He has moves. Also why i prefer to watch tape and judge for myself.

Dylan Stewart...now that is an elite DE.
DJ Johnson got drafted in the 3rd round by the Panthers.

Advertisement
DJ Johnson got drafted in the 3rd round by the Panthers.
Playing what position? I didnt know that, yet it was clear he needed to develop and not was the sure fire 5 star he was rated outa high school. Thats the next thing, players need to go to the right environment thats gonna develop them. Hopefully we have that now. Also, this current staff is who developed DJ

Playing what position? I didnt know that, yet it was clear he needed to develop and not was the sure fire 5 star he was rated outa high school. Thats the next thing, players need to go to the right environment thats gonna develop them. Hopefully we have that now. Also, this current staff is who developed DJ
Edge. He turned out to be a good player for Oregon. Sometimes linemen take a few years to break out.

Advertisement
He played 6 years in college with the COVID year. He played a couple of years as a TE there.

It was six seasons but he had to sit out the 2018 year due to transferring.

Yeah it took him a bit to get there but that’s why you don’t just call every guy who doesn’t blow up after a year or two a jag. Some guys develop differently. Some guys need attitude adjustments. Some guys need to find the correct role. Some guys have injuries.

Yup he right near the border of Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. But he is closer to Tuscaloosa than to Knoxville and Fayeteville. I havent watch this guy's tape yet. Need to check it out. Bama offered but UGA didnt. I seen Clemson go into these places and take players. Even into Alabama. Its only impossible if you dont put a proper effort or no effort.

Note: Tell you the truth, i was underwhelmed by his film. His rating seems to be because of his size. I didnt see elite quickness, nor over powering strength and violence. Of course just like a 3 star rated player they can develop into being a star after getting into college. Just didnt see it on his film. He seem to have an ordinary get off and then most of the time just bigger than the tackle.

You cant coach that size though.
Agreed. He looks good but not that many wow clips on his film. Like Stone & Scott both considerably more at DT.

Agreed. He looks good but not that many wow clips on his film. Like Stone & Scott both considerably more at DT.
Franklin is a huge body that you can put at DE to set the edge and clear freeways for LB’s. He isn’t a refined pass rusher but he can still be a high impact guy with his size and strength. He’s like a bigger Jayden Wayne.

Advertisement
Franklin is a huge body that you can put at DE to set the edge and clear freeways for LB’s. He isn’t a refined pass rusher but he can still be a high impact guy with his size and strength. He’s like a bigger Jayden Wayne.
True. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him. I'd just put him a notch below the aforementioned guys.

Edge. He turned out to be a good player for Oregon. Sometimes linemen take a few years to break out.

My general rule of thumb is if a WR, RB or DB hasn't flashed by year 2, he isn't going to. But a lineman and even an LB can still be baking as long as coaches are pleased with progress. QBs and TEs are case by case.

My general rule of thumb is if a WR, RB or DB hasn't flashed by year 2, he isn't going to. But a lineman and even an LB can still be baking as long as coaches are pleased with progress. QBs and TEs are case by case.
Especially if the guy has been moved around a lot. He played DE as a freshman here. He sat out a year and then in 2019 he played couldn’t break the DE rotation at Oregon. He moved to TE for 2020-2021 and then to OLB in 2022 which was his only productive season.

Advertisement
He’s basically in suburban Memphis. He’s 90 minutes max from Oxford. 5.5 hours from Knoxville.
True, but from what I read that area is pretty split with UT and Ole Miss fandom, maybe his area was more UT. I don’t think his location will be a deciding factor for those schools, it would be for us

Advertisement

on3 still thinks Tennessee, but hey, we're in his top 5 for now FWIW
Tenn has been in control for a while here. He seems to be a major NIL target for him and are making the kid a major major priority. Obviously we will fight for him but they have made him a priority the way we made Scott.

on3 still thinks Tennessee, but hey, we're in his top 5 for now FWIW

on3 also has him ranked as the 300th best prospect in the country or something like that.

247 has a lock on the predictions. If there are no crystal balls on there, especially from Wiltfong, he's nowhere near a done deal anywhere. Ignore on3, and thank me later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back