2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They put zero value on personal space and freedom of movement haha.

Sidebar, On a macro level, they have proven to be stronger, more competitive on defense, and jump higher than basketball players. A lot of basketball training has moved away from elements of weight training that would truly benefit the game.

It is not a coincidence that Rajon Rondo, Jimmy Butler, Ant Edwards, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson all have a toughness about them that other hoopers lacked. Ant stopped playing before high school. I still see the benefits in his mental makeup and ability to attack the rim

I am glad Mario emphasizes multi sport athletes In recruiting. Major advantage.
Agree 100%. It drives me crazy that basketball has become so skill based that it has lost its toughness. I coached my son’s AAU team from the age of 8-13 and I loved having a football player or 2 on the team because they went hard to the basket, and did all the dirty work like defense and rebounding, which inevitably lead to wins.
It is also why I love watching Norchad Omier play. He moves people out of his way on the court.

That's what I loved about KW...very non-traditional. And his Special Teams Play was second to none. Just like SeanTay...1st team AAs playing STs like mad Men. (See SeanTay springing Hester vs UF in 03)
I remember Washington had a top 5 pick in the draft when both of them were coming out and both were expected to be there at the time and the debate was over which one they should take. I was firmly in camp ST, but would have been happy with either. So sad what ended up happening for both of them (obviously one controlled what happened to them and the other did not).

I remember Washington had a top 5 pick in the draft when both of them were coming out and both were expected to be there at the time and the debate was over which one they should take. I was firmly in camp ST, but would have been happy with either. So sad what ended up happening for both of them (obviously one controlled what happened to them and the other did not).
Washington would've been out of their minds picking Winslow over SeanTay...

Advertisement
I remember i was on campus maybe for a camp or something when i was in hgh school and it may have been Winslow's first day or week of moving into the school..and we just so happened to arrive at the same time.

Dude had on his back pack and was just strolling with the crazy eyes lol. I knew who he was right away because my pops said thats KW his pops when we exited the cars same time. If he said a word in the time i was around him i didnt hear it..he just was walking through campus through the hecht witt that imma soldier look lol
these stories are making me cry laughing lol

Clinton Portis begged and pleaded with Gibbs to take Sean. He knew.

At the time Joe Gibbs had returned to coaching and he loved to use an H-Back; the thought was they cold use KW2 in that role, but I am with you that ST was the right choice by a longshot.
I remember seeing an interview with Portis where he discussed this issue. Washington asked him for his input and he told them in no uncertain terms that ST was the pick. In fact, he apparently told them over and over again.

Advertisement
I was told by a teammate of his at UM that he was a chronic *********or, lol (and yeah, that's something I thought Id never type out here)
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

That’s lofty. I do think that his best days are ahead of him though. I just think right now film wise he is behind Stone, Breland and Scott.

He’s a better athlete than Breland and Stone.

The OT, LB, and DB classes are pretty shallow this year.

Scott is a big MF and is the second best combination of size and athleticism outside lf Stewart in the class.

Advertisement
He’s a better athlete than Breland and Stone.

The OT, LB, and DB classes are pretty shallow this year.

Scott is a big MF and is the second best combination of size and athleticism outside lf Stewart in the class.
Thing that’s lacking for me is he doesn’t have the quick twitch the other two do at that size. He is a jumbo athlete with great coordination and I think he grows into a monster though.

Advertisement
If you put a gun to my head, I think Dylan Stewart is the best defender in the class.
He is a sure fire top 10 pick imo. In the mold of Anderson from Bama last 3 years. Im hoping Jason Taylor factor can be the difference. Was glad we were able to withstand that Ohio smoke when they grabbed Scott.

This is exactly where we need Taylor to land these critical DL recruits and for them to want to learn from him.

That's what I loved about KW...very non-traditional. And his Special Teams Play was second to none. Just like SeanTay...1st team AAs playing STs like mad Men. (See SeanTay springing Hester vs UF in 03)
ST almost housed the next KOR himself. I still remember someone clamoring for a lateral but ST was tackled at 10, or the 5.

And let’s not forget STs PR TD vs Pittsburgh on the reverse or fake punt TD at ‘Cuse.

To my dying days I‘ll wish there had been a package for him on offense. Not to take away time on defense, but get the ball in that man’s hands a few times a game. Imagine lining up KW2, Dre, ST, and Parrish.

Definitely a football player playing basketball. He’s a bull in a china shop. I used to hate playing basketball with football players because they don’t control their bodies like basketball players and inevitably they hurt people on the court. Elbows everywhere.

Maybe my favorite defensive recruit this cycle.
Reminds me a lot of Tron, especially on the basketball court. We would never pass him the ball bc it never came back. It would be a poor attempt at a crossover then a step back and then something like this.

@RattlerCane305 what ya think?

Tron was the same, looked like he weighed 225 but was really 275 and ended up about 315 in collage. Had a descent collage career and cashed an NFL paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back