DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
I think this tells us (again) that we are looking to take a BIG *** DL class. Let's say we get visits from say, eight 4 or 5-star DL and hit on three of them. Or ****, let's be generous, lets say we get 10 visits and hit on four of them. Those are very, very successful hit rates.

What if we want to take say, 6-8 DL? There has been unconfirmed talk that we want 4 DT's alone.

If they like this kid, if they think he will be a valuable addition to the program, then we're pretty much talking about him only having to be the 8th best DL or worse we can land before it becomes a mistake. We want numbers. We NEED numbers. There is no way we're getting enough highly ranked (ugh) prospects to fill a massive class like this. Think of him as Frankie or Tripp.

It's crazy to watch how triggered some people get here. Just zoom out and give it a think and there is usually a way to make sense of it all.
All of that could be true and I hope it is. We need DL guys bad.

Pretty sure my last sentence covers that portion of it. You wouldn’t be taking this kid, this early, if you didn’t think he could turn out to be a gem.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U.

I posted back on Wednesday he was going to commit and he’s bigger than media was reporting.

High motor, productive, feeder school, raises the floor in case some of the targets don’t get onboard, has relationships with teammates we want.

There are a lot of positives. I will say again, I was told directly, “staff likes him.”

Kid wants to be at Miami. Mario and Co. want him at Miami. Good enough for me.

And if he doesn't pan out, he won't be the first. Until them I wish him all the best.
back to the future great scott GIF

Congrats to the kid onBut I really just don't see it watching his tape.

Doesn't really bring much as a pass rusher from the edge spot. He has a good motor and is usually the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ball.

Does Columbus have other D1 guys on the DLINE because he wasn't the one being targeted from a scheme standpoint.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U.

I posted back on Wednesday he was going to commit and he’s bigger than media was reporting.

High motor, productive, feeder school, raises the floor in case some of the targets don’t get onboard, has relationships with teammates we want.

There are a lot of positives. I will say again, I was told directly, “staff likes him.”

Stephenson?

Doesn't really bring much as a pass rusher from the edge spot. He has a good motor and is usually the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ball.

Does Columbus have other D1 guys on the DLINE because he wasn't the one being targeted from a scheme standpoint.
He won’t play DE here. He looks more like an agile and athletic DT in my eyes.

Advertisement

He plays with another 3-4 P5 DL targets. Mcgahee (Nebraska), Capers (Louisville), Stephenson and there’s a sophomore I believe by the last name of Williams we’ve offered

Advertisement
Welcome to the U. I think Mario and Co. knows what a take looks like at DL. His Oregon team wasn’t exactly getting pushed around up front.

This kid is the type of 3 star upside player you take from an elite feeder school

Aside from Kayvon, how many of his DL were NFL guys?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back