2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Facts

But since I feel like I have paid attention when I got into this in 08. I would see monster classes at places that made zero sense. Then I realized ok it’s the HC doesn’t matter where they go they just stack. One overlooked trait is identifying then closing regardless of record. It happened all the time and contradicted that saying “win and they will come” pause

All the time that sh never made sense to me.
Literally started to seriously follow recruiting that exact same year as well. My senior year in high school and was watching NSD with a Bama fan. We were #1 on ESPN and they were #2 in Saban’s first full recruiting year. I realized that very day just how important and vital this recruiting business is to success.

Couldn’t agree more with everything you said in above post btw D. I have ALWAYS wanted an elite recruiter as HC, and I vividly remember getting so angry watching that noon Oregon beat down of OSU in the Shoe, just knowing Mario was the for real deal and should’ve been the hire last go round. Better late than never however, and that very next offseason the bird finally landed

I knew he’d eventually get us to that level, as you alluded to in a prior post, of building those 4-5 relationships and just absolutely dominating South Florida and nationally top 5 class minimum. But if he closes ‘24 like the smoke going ‘round now, even I as a bit of a Mario slurper wasn’t expecting him to do it this quickly 😳😳

Last edited:
Advertisement

Imagine that. I have no further comment.

I Pick You GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I will give this kid props , I’ve never seen a recruit be so dead set on going to a school , even if his entire family pushed him the opposite way.
Works like that sometimes. Honestly it’s part of the game. Scott’s mom wanted him home and he wanted to leave.

Stone’s mom wanted him at UM and he wants to stay home.

It was a MUST to get one of the two, which we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back