2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
sci-fi et GIF by MANGOTEETH

This the only mfer who apparently ever wanted to go home more badly than David Stone does
This is hilarious !!!

Advertisement
Wrong.

Conversations.

This is one reason why UM is failing. I’m sure you’re getting info from staff. And they, in turn, are getting played by Stone if his people are telling them that conversations will continue. He’s not going to UM no matter the offer. Miami really needs to work on its relationships/intelligence so they don’t get strung along by kids like Stone.

Breland is at least represented by a professional, rather than family, so we’re less likely to be misled; but he, too, is a pipe dream despite our very aggressive pitch. He’s going to GA. Ban me (again) if I’m wrong on either Stone or Breland.

Doesn’t matter, we’ll do much better in the portal and next year with this NIL support. I’m not sweating it.

Advertisement
This is one reason why UM is failing. I’m sure you’re getting info from staff. And they, in turn, are getting played by Stone if his people are telling them that conversations will continue. He’s not going to UM no matter the offer. Miami really needs to work on its relationships/intelligence so they don’t get strung along by kids like Stone.

Breland is at least represented by a professional, rather than family, so we’re less likely to be misled; but he, too, is a pipe dream despite our very aggressive pitch. He’s going to GA. Ban me (again) if I’m wrong on either Stone or Breland.

Doesn’t matter, we’ll do much better in the portal and next year with this NIL support. I’m not sweating it.
We've flipped some people already. I'd say Collins Acheampong was a similar recruitment. We thought we were getting him then he committed to Michigan, then we were able to flip him. He wasn't from Michigan, but still. No reason to give up, even if you only flip 1/20 who commit elsewhere. That's worth the effort.

I went back to the 04 LSU, 09 Bama & got **** those teams were stacked on both sides of the ball. Same w/ the UGA teams recently & we know about that 2020 Bama team.

Again, blue chip QBs have a far better chance to lead u, but if u’re going to go the non-blue chip route, then partner u bets be elite all around that QB.

Also, I’m commenting to @TRick72 post, but that proves my point about the portal; we’ve had some hits like Phillips, King, Rambo, Osborn, Stevenson, and we had some straight bust like Martell, Kennedy, Walker, Ladson. The portal should never be the resolve; it should be a supplement to what’s missing.
This is why I laugh hysterically when posters talk about “top 10 classes.” Buddy… if we are going to compete WITH a top end QB, we better be top 5. Without? Top 3. We ain’t that

This isn’t true. He’s gone.

If it's not true then please tell the board what you know and not just what you "think"

I'm telling you what I know... family prefers Miami, family prefers him not back in Oklahoma, Stone even said it was Miami until the "phone call" from Bates that day.

I'm not saying he's going to flip, but he's more of a candidate than the other 2 because their families want them closer.

Advertisement

Wrong.

And the info did not come from "staff".

You don't know what has been said in the conversations, and you don't know the reasons/rationale for what happened.

Stop with this nonsense of "he's not going to UM no matter the offer". Nobody said that the offer needs to be increased, I just pointed out that it IS the high offer already.

I'm tired of "this kid is never coming here" loser mentality. It's exhausting.

Wrong.

And the info did not come from "staff".

You don't know what has been said in the conversations, and you don't know the reasons/rationale for what happened.

Stop with this nonsense of "he's not going to UM no matter the offer". Nobody said that the offer needs to be increased, I just pointed out that it IS the high offer already.

I'm tired of "this kid is never coming here" loser mentality. It's exhausting.
i dont think he said the offer needs to be increased. i thought that was another person who said that

You guys are arguing with a ****** who pretended he knew Lara Trump to be cool on the political board.

Advertisement

is Breland going to Oregon or UGA? You've said both in the past 2 weeks...

i dont think he said the offer needs to be increased. i thought that was another person who said that

He said "no matter the offer", so there was an implication of making a larger offer. But, yes, another person said it more explicitly somewhere else on the thread.

I'm not going to report the details that are sitting on my phone. But we've got a shot.

Advertisement
Promise you no sour grapes but I wouldn't want Stone at this point. If he flips to us its only because his family wants him here and I'm not sure someone can reach there top potential being in a place they really don't want to be. Its one thing if you don't get a scholarship from the school you want to go to but this is different.

Promise you no sour grapes but I wouldn't want Stone at this point. If he flips to us its only because his family wants him here and I'm not sure someone can reach there top potential being in a place they really don't want to be. Its one thing if you don't get a scholarship from the school you want to go to but this is different.
Cant agree with you man. Kid is elite. Once they sign and they are in your program and ball out that is all that matters. These are the highs and lows of recruiting blue chippers. I promise having David Stone on Saturdays will be huge for this program. Recruit him till the end.

Cant agree with you man. Kid is elite. Once they sign and they are in your program and ball out that is all that matters. These are the highs and lows of recruiting blue chippers. I promise having David Stone on Saturdays will be huge for this program. Recruit him till the end.
Yeah, there have been plenty of Canes that bled orange and green and Miami wasnt always their top destination. Sign the elites, players get over things like this. That all said, kid is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back