2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they got those elite QBs those guys figured out they could be on the same team as those DTs. It took awhile but they started landing them regularly.
I think the elite QBs are more motivated towards going to schools where they have a higher probability of playing in significant post season games (New Year Day bowls or playoffs). There are outliers but the thing those schools have in common is dominate line play.

That seems to resurface the on-going debate some have here about what's more important; stacking the skill positions ("We need more speed") or stacking the lines ("We need more beef"). Given our roster, "We need more beef". Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Bruh.... I'm gonna help you out, since apparently you've not adjusted to modern times. That 99 class was over 20, **** near 25 years ago. The scene has changed, my dude. The $EC schools and the Clemson's of the world changed all of that, by setting up shop in So. Fla., and throwing BIG bags at those coveted recruits, and putting more money into recruiting. Look at the last 10 years of NCAA football champions. I guarantee that most if not all of those teams that won the championships, had recruiting classes ranked in the top 5-6, three to four years running. If we're gonna play and WIN vs. the big boys on Saturdays, we're gonna have to WIN vs. the big boys in the living rooms in So. Fla. and around the country. Yes, in our past, we could put together really good classes without worrying about our recruiting rankings, because A..... they simply weren't as good back then, because the recruiting publications weren't seeing all the kids, and B. Most of the other schools around the country didn't know all of our little secrets. They only knew about the big names. These ****** (other schools) got ****** (recruiters) posted up in So. Fla. year round now. How you think these other schools be offering jits scholarships when they like 9th grade and ****....? and we don't be knowin nuthin about who the fucc the kid is, on this board, sometimes. This **** is a year round business now. The Santana Moss', and Ray Lewis', and Warren Sapp's wasn't popping up on a lot of national radars, back then. Recruiting publications are MUCH better now. Some kids still fall through the cracks, and get under recruited... but not nearly as many as 20-25 years ago. ****, a board favorite in this discussion.... ED Reed was a **** 3 star. Think about that... probably one of the the best Safety's the game has ever seen.... 3 star. Only D1 offers were Miami, and Tulane. We can't expect Mario or anybody else to turn this **** around, by continuously pulling in top 20-25 classes. That's not gonna get us to where we wanna be. If Mario can stack up 3-4 top 5-7 type classes, byke to byke.... then we cooking with hot oil, and we're own our way back. If not, we'll probably be looking for another coach in 5-6 years. He's already shown that he aint the best in game coach around college football.

All of that.

What's funny is if recruiting services were like they are now and with camps happening all of the time, Ed Reed would've been at worst a high 4* and quite possibly a 5*. He had jump off the page stats, was all state in football and track multiple times, etc. ****, his track numbers were good as **** too. Even with all of that, I don't know how he slipped through the cracks back then. Was he quiet, didn't want attention, or what?

All of that.

What's funny is if recruiting services were like they are now and with camps happening all of the time, Ed Reed would've been at worst a high 4* and quite possibly a 5*. He had jump off the page stats, was all state in football and track multiple times, etc. ****, his track numbers were good as **** too. Even with all of that, I don't know how he slipped through the cracks back then. Was he quiet, didn't want attention, or what?
He probably didn't do all those camps. He probably just worked out with the kids and coaches at his high school.... and one day somebody saw him.....
the beverly hillbillies what GIF

Black And White Wow GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Bruh.... I'm gonna help you out, since apparently you've not adjusted to modern times. That 99 class was over 20, **** near 25 years ago. The scene has changed, my dude. The $EC schools and the Clemson's of the world changed all of that, by setting up shop in So. Fla., and throwing BIG bags at those coveted recruits, and putting more money into recruiting. Look at the last 10 years of NCAA football champions. I guarantee that most if not all of those teams that won the championships, had recruiting classes ranked in the top 5-6, three to four years running. If we're gonna play and WIN vs. the big boys on Saturdays, we're gonna have to WIN vs. the big boys in the living rooms in So. Fla. and around the country. Yes, in our past, we could put together really good classes without worrying about our recruiting rankings, because A..... they simply weren't as good back then, because the recruiting publications weren't seeing all the kids, and B. Most of the other schools around the country didn't know all of our little secrets. They only knew about the big names. These ****** (other schools) got ****** (recruiters) posted up in So. Fla. year round now. How you think these other schools be offering jits scholarships when they like 9th grade and ****....? and we don't be knowin nuthin about who the fucc the kid is, on this board, sometimes. This **** is a year round business now. The Santana Moss', and Ray Lewis', and Warren Sapp's wasn't popping up on a lot of national radars, back then. Recruiting publications are MUCH better now. Some kids still fall through the cracks, and get under recruited... but not nearly as many as 20-25 years ago. ****, a board favorite in this discussion.... ED Reed was a **** 3 star. Think about that... probably one of the the best Safety's the game has ever seen.... 3 star. Only D1 offers were Miami, and Tulane. We can't expect Mario or anybody else to turn this **** around, by continuously pulling in top 20-25 classes. That's not gonna get us to where we wanna be. If Mario can stack up 3-4 top 5-7 type classes, byke to byke.... then we cooking with hot oil, and we're own our way back. If not, we'll probably be looking for another coach in 5-6 years. He's already shown that he aint the best in game coach around college football.
This is nonsense. I stopped reading after I got to the bold part. Clemson may be a newcomer, but the typical bag schools have set up shop in south Florida since the 50's. Ever hear of Elvis Peacock, Buter Rhymes, Neal Colzie, Reggie Kinlaw, Anthony Carter, William Roberts. And there are many others, who someone closer to So Fl high school back than I am, would add.

In fact, head coach Fran Curci (an All-American alumni) left UM after the 1972 season for Kentucky because "You can't recruit at Miami".

Bruh.... I'm gonna help you out, since apparently you've not adjusted to modern times. That 99 class was over 20, **** near 25 years ago. The scene has changed, my dude. The $EC schools and the Clemson's of the world changed all of that, by setting up shop in So. Fla., throwing BIG bags at those coveted recruits, and putting more of that money into their recruiting budget, new facilities, etc.. Look at the last 10 years of NCAA football champions. I guarantee that most if not all of those teams that won the championships, had recruiting classes ranked in the top 5-6, three to four years running. If we're gonna play and WIN vs. the big boys on Saturdays, we're gonna have to WIN vs. the big boys in the living rooms in So. Fla. and around the country. Yes, in our past, we could put together really good classes without worrying about our recruiting rankings, because A..... the recruiting mags simply weren't as thorough back then, because they weren't seeing all the kids, and B. Most of the other schools around the country didn't know all of our little secrets. They only knew about the big names. These ****** (other schools) got ****** (recruiters) posted up in So. Fla. year round now. How you think these other schools be offering jits scholarships when they like 9th grade and ****....? and we don't be knowin nuthin about who the fucc the kid is, on this board, sometimes. This **** is a year round business now. The Santana Moss', and Ray Lewis', and Warren Sapp's wasn't popping up on a lot of national radars, back then. Recruiting publications are MUCH better now. Some kids still fall through the cracks, and get under recruited... but not nearly as many as 20-25 years ago. ****, a board favorite in this discussion.... ED Reed was a **** 3 star. Think about that... probably one of the the best Safety's the game has ever seen.... 3 star. Only D1 offers were Miami, and Tulane. We can't expect Mario or anybody else to turn this **** around, by continuously pulling in top 20-25 classes. That's not gonna get us to where we wanna be. If Mario can stack up 3-4 top 5-7 type classes, byke to byke.... then we cooking with hot oil, and we're own our way back. If not, we'll probably be looking for another coach in 5-6 years. He's already shown that he aint the best in game coach around college football.
Money. 3.3 is the 4 year class average of every champion in the playoff era. These arguments have been long settled

This is nonsense. I stopped reading after I got to the bold part. Clemson may be a newcomer, but the typical bag schools have set up shop in south Florida since the 50's. Ever hear of Elvis Peacock, Buter Rhymes, Neal Colzie, Reggie Kinlaw, Anthony Carter, William Roberts. And there are many others, who someone closer to So Fl high school back than I am, would add.

In fact, head coach Fran Curci (an All-American alumni) left UM after the 1972 season for Kentucky because "You can't recruit at Miami".
Brother, I remember all these studs Buster Rhymes back in my day .
You remember these guys then your approaching 70 .
He I’ll be 66 come 9/9

Advertisement
I love how the conversation went from last class having 2 5 stars to this one only having one.

Advertisement
I think the elite QBs are more motivated towards going to schools where they have a higher probability of playing in significant post season games (New Year Day bowls or playoffs). There are outliers but the thing those schools have in common is dominate line play.

That seems to resurface the on-going debate some have here about what's more important; stacking the skill positions ("We need more speed") or stacking the lines ("We need more beef"). Given our roster, "We need more beef". Just my opinion.
Stack the lines then others will flow. We failing at DT if we don't fix that we won't move to that next tier at all. We will have the best OL by the end of the year....in the acc that is.

I knew he was young when he wrote that which is why I gave up responding. SMH

This **** ain’t over. This kid will be a cane one day.
Not sure I see where your confidence is coming from. If he truly told his mom that he's making the decision because he wants to be home, what exactly are you expecting Mario or any of the other coaches recruiting him to say to convince him to change his decision? Sounds like our NIL is already well above Oklahoma's so it doesn't seem like money is the deciding factor with this kid. My guess is it's over and we need to move on although I'm sure Mario will not stop.

Advertisement
Not sure I see where your confidence is coming from. If he truly told his mom that he's making the decision because he wants to be home, what exactly are you expecting Mario or any of the other coaches recruiting him to say to convince him to change his decision? Sounds like our NIL is already well above Oklahoma's so it doesn't seem like money is the deciding factor with this kid. My guess is it's over and we need to move on although I'm sure Mario will not stop.
Inshallah

people are just being delusional. it was a decision based on location not on field play

Typically, I don't think an 8 or 9 win season flips a DT recruit, but Venables is a weird-o, let this one play out.

Typically, I don't think an 8 or 9 win season flips a DT recruit, but Venables is a weird-o, let this one play out.
had nothing to do w wins or losses from his own mouth. we out recruited OU here. we won the family. he didnt want to be in miami or in florida at all. he wanted to be home so unless we relocate to miami, Oklahoma this one may be done for us.

miami oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back