2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

You'll never convince me Miami isn't cursed

Advertisement
If I remember correctly, his mom wanted him away from Oklahoma because of bad influences there (which I suspect means he was running with a bad crowd). For his own sake I hope this doesn't end with him being another tragic story of wasted talent.

Also I wouldn't be able to lie to my family like that. Should have picked UM like he said he would , then if he has regrets , talk it over with the family some more. He gets one free transfer, so try out life at UM, if he doesn't like it or is too homesick, then transfer to Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Another high-level recruit decided to stay home. It's almost like the staff's message to local recruits is affecting them nationally.
I’ve actually been thinking about this too the last couple of years. I don’t have an answer but the way they stress staying home seems like it’s an obstacle for also landing OOS kids. They have still landed plenty but I have definitely wondered about the messaging.

Last edited:
7x33pm.jpg

Advertisement
Lil Stetson got so much crap, but dude was little baller. Got drafted in the 4th round, so not a scrub by any means.

He made big play after big play in the SEC title game this past year, and in the playoffs last 2 years.

Dude put Georgia on his back against Ohio State in that 2nd half.

Threw for over 4000 yards and had 39 total TDs last season.

Advertisement

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

Whatever. I take all these comments with a 100 lb bag of salt. It could be true, and it could be total bull****. It's blah blah.

**** that’s wild

Not gonna lie I like this kid a lot

That sounds like he went through a lot making this choice and it was true momma was on our side for sure

Maybe because I’m dad age but that “is it ok if I come back home” line hit pretty hard
I would not take any of this at face value.

It could be true, but there's no reason to readily accept these quotes as true.

And personally, I'm betting it's BS.

Advertisement
I talk **** about 247 guys when they’re flat out lying and pushing false info coming from a former writer that has a bone to pick UM. I will always call that out.

I also have been trolled more than anybody the last six years and rarely say anything. I literally had a weirdo sending me constant crazy *** messages trolling me to the point I had to block him. Then trolling me on the public board for months. I just ignored it. That’s stuff you don’t see or understand. That’s why I pull receipts.

People question me all the time and I post back “ I’m not above reproach and people can’t believe what they want”. But if you troll me or try to disrespect me I will snap back. It seems you just want me to sit back and take it. If you think I’m a fraud or fake block me or just skim over my posts. It’s really that simple but as you saw when I was wrong tonight the trolling started. Even though I’ve been wrong a hand full of times.
I don’t deny that and I’m not saying I have any problem with you or the info that you provide. I also understand there’s going to be trolls that take issue with everything that you say and that’s obviously going to play into wanting to shut them up when the time comes, but the good is going to come with the bad in the aspect that you enjoy the anonymity that other insiders don’t necessarily have.

A lot of national guys might get just as much if not more weirdo hate but can’t really just tell or other guys to suck their **** while logging a prediction when they know they have the better info. Knowing gabby and how much hate he gets as it is, imagine if he acted in that way and ended up being wrong lol

Advertisement
I would not take any of this at face value.

It could be true, but there's no reason to readily accept these quotes as true.

And personally, I'm betting it's BS.
You’re entitled to your opinion

I don’t agree

At this point, I also don’t ******* care

If I remember correctly, his mom wanted him away from Oklahoma because of bad influences there (which I suspect means he was running with a bad crowd). For his own sake I hope this doesn't end with him being another tragic story of wasted talent.

Also I wouldn't be able to lie to my family like that. Should have picked UM like he said he would , then if he has regrets , talk it over with the family some more. He gets one free transfer, so try out life at UM, if he doesn't like it or is too homesick, then transfer to Oklahoma.
It’s not always true but the vast majority of time your mother knows best…. The whole family being on board with him getting the **** out of OK only makes it even more eye opening. But I agree hope their gut feeling ends up wrong if he goes to Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back