2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Man we should all kinda take a long look at that quote and let it sink in how much they go through
when I read he wanted to commit there multiple times but his family wouldn't let him, I was hoping the family would win out but we were close. at the end, im not gonna be mad at a kid for making his own decision. he would never be happy here if he doesn't want to be here. he doesn't and didnt want to be here. family pressure would have forced him here. glad for him that he chose his own route than someone else's. no one is coming to practice for him and living in his dorm. hope his family gets that and seems like they do.

Advertisement
"Gonna shock the world"... I obviously ain't built for this **** when this is shocking the world. "Didn't want to play games" lol...

Good luck kid.

No Way Eye Roll GIF by ESPN
when he said that he was planning on picking Miami lol

**** that’s wild

Not gonna lie I like this kid a lot

That sounds like he went through a lot making this choice and it was true momma was on our side for sure

Maybe because I’m dad age but that “is it ok if I come back home” line hit pretty hard
He lied though , he told his family and UM he was coming. He should’ve just remained quiet and picked OU. But he’s an immature kid. Most 17 year old males are immature douche bags. I know , I was 17 once.

Advertisement
This board is hilarious man I can’t lie. A guy who drops inside information FOR FREE is getting roasted because a high school athlete didn’t pick the school he had predicted. Some of you guys are insufferable.
I think one issue is that if you ever dare say anything that goes against some of these guys you’ll get torn to shreds by them and their ****riders. Then they’ll trot around the board, pulling receipts, trying to clown other insiders/national guys, and working people up about landing these major targets…then these guys go elsewhere and it’s goalpost shifting with other excuses

All while doing things like trolling Miami fans and feeding into a negative perception of things like Patterson to FSU.

when I read he wanted to commit there multiple times but his family wouldn't let him, I was hoping the family would win out but we were close. at the end, im not gonna be mad at a kid for making his own decision. he would never be happy here if he doesn't want to be here. he doesn't and didnt want to be here. family pressure would have forced him here. glad for him that he chose his own route than someone else's. no one is coming to practice for him and living in his dorm. hope his family gets that and seems like they do.
This.

Kid didn't want to be here. Still cringe as **** with the 'shock the world' - leading on other staffs still rubs me the wrong way too (even when we're the almost beneficiary like Cormani).

He lied though , he told his family and UM he was coming. He should’ve just remained quiet and picked OU. But he’s an immature kid. Most 17 year old males are immature douche bags. I know , I was 17 once.
I dunno man, couldn't straight-faced tell UM no, couldn't even straight-faced tell his family no...wtaf - not every 17 year old is so weak of conviction.

Advertisement
Another high-level recruit decided to stay home. It's almost like the staff's message to local recruits is affecting them nationally.

Advertisement
I think one issue is that if you ever dare say anything that goes against some of these guys you’ll get torn to shreds by them and their ****riders. Then they’ll trot around the board, pulling receipts, trying to clown other insiders/national guys, and working people up about landing these major targets…then these guys go elsewhere and it’s goalpost shifting with other excuses

All while doing things like trolling Miami fans and feeding into a negative perception of things like Patterson to FSU.
I talk **** about 247 guys when they’re flat out lying and pushing false info coming from a former writer that has a bone to pick UM. I will always call that out.

I also have been trolled more than anybody the last six years and rarely say anything. I literally had a weirdo sending me constant crazy *** messages trolling me to the point I had to block him. Then trolling me on the public board for months. I just ignored it. That’s stuff you don’t see or understand. That’s why I pull receipts.

People question me all the time and I post back “ I’m not above reproach and people can’t believe what they want”. But if you troll me or try to disrespect me I will snap back. It seems you just want me to sit back and take it. If you think I’m a fraud or fake block me or just skim over my posts. It’s really that simple but as you saw when I was wrong tonight the trolling started. Even though I’ve been wrong a hand full of times.

I agree w you. I dont have the info cribby has but based on the public quotes and his own mouth - he was only coming here to please people around him. rather him do whatever makes him happy.
I get what Cribby is saying

But it’s all about how we see things from our perspectives in life so if someone disagrees with me that’s cool. I’m sure he apologized to those he led astray and he will learn from that

Because landing elite guys like that is the only thing that’s gonna get us back to dominance… Unfortunately we swung and missed on: Stone, Scott and Franklin
Stewart and Simmons as well…
True.

Aren’t all five of them staying close to home, or in Stone’s case returning home? Plus the 5* DE from Missouri and the other elite DE from Arizona. Both choosing in-state schools. Of course, some other elite DL chose to leave home. Like Mario snagging Lightfoot from Chicago, or Alabama losing a local player to Tennessee and Georgia a local player to Ohio State.

Interesting pattern.

Not an excuse, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm starting to think Mario's style of recruiting is rubbing off kids the wrong way.

I've had a few sales guys in Construction that you could call "relentless" but it just ****es me off to the point I despise them. There's nothing more annoying then somebody tone deaf that just keeps pushing when you tell them to politely chill out

I've heard Mario refuses to take no for an answer with kids
Uhhh what we thinkin @Confidence1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back