2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm starting to think Mario's style of recruiting is rubbing off kids the wrong way.

I've had a few sales guys in Construction that you could call "relentless" but it just ****es me off to the point I despise them. There's nothing more annoying then somebody tone deaf that just keeps pushing when you tell them to politely chill out

I've heard Mario refuses to take no for an answer with kids
Thank you for comparing apples to a doorknob

Go back to your bubble sport, Mario has earned any bit of negativity by getting blown out by MTSU and getting blown out 4 times in one season.

Then he's followed it up with Al Goldenesque recruiting when he was supposed to be landing all this talent
IMG_5811.gif

Advertisement

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

@Cribby man *** dat **** 🐐! *** deez ppl! (BIG PAUSE)! Man U give out legit info for free when u don’t have to! If a MF don’t like ur info let dem go to the other sites & pay 4 it! I’m gon ride wit u till the wheels fall off (BIG PAUSE ). Don’t let da haters bother u! Keep doin ur insider **** bc ur the best doin it right now (BIG PAUSE). If u ain’t got no haters u ain’t poppin
Haters don’t bother me , i don’t like leading anyone on ( pause ). I think we’ve seen enough that says things changed late but nobody cares about that. Just another example of why I say this stuff is wild as ****. Even up to the last second. Ill
mourn until 12 am lmao.

Advertisement

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

**** that’s wild

Not gonna lie I like this kid a lot

That sounds like he went through a lot making this choice and it was true momma was on our side for sure

Maybe because I’m dad age but that “is it ok if I come back home” line hit pretty hard

With the way NIL has changed the game, I would think the flips on early verbal commits across the board will be more than normal on signing day. I know most of the time they do not flip but look how crazy it is now with just verballing. It's crazy the money involved for high school kids now. 💰💰💰

Ya'll realize there are other medical schools besides UM's right?

OU being one of them...

The amount of porsters who have no clue about life North of 595 is just fascinating to me.
people are borderline ridiculous. A - stone wasn't admitted into UM Med. Undergrad doesn't matter when applying to med school. it's all grades and scores. ive explained this over and over. B. hes still not signed and looks like taking visits still. it wont end tonight w him.

There it is....
Can we put this to rest now and move on...

Advertisement
I'm starting to think Mario's style of recruiting is rubbing off kids the wrong way.

I've had a few sales guys in Construction that you could call "relentless" but it just ****es me off to the point I despise them. There's nothing more annoying then somebody tone deaf that just keeps pushing when you tell them to politely chill out

I've heard Mario refuses to take no for an answer with kids
giphy.gif
IMG_2984.gif

IMG_5809.gif
IMG_9162.gif

giphy.gif

**** that’s wild

Not gonna lie I like this kid a lot

That sounds like he went through a lot making this choice and it was true momma was on our side for sure

Maybe because I’m dad age but that “is it ok if I come back home” line hit pretty hard
he wanted to go back home. its fine. we did the best we could w the recruitment.

Advertisement

Reads like Venables and co’s pitch beat Mario and co’s pitch H2H. We went hard after the family and NIL. OU took his buddy and sold him on coming home. At the end, he went where he wanted, not his family. Their strategy worked

Well we can right that ship this year. Another year like the last. Then we’re literally on LIFE SUPPORT.
This was supposed to be another step up in weight class and instead it’s a full rebuild and a do or die situation.

I mean you’re looking at going into next year with a bunch of projects at QB, no DT or CB depth, and a WR room that’s still a work in progress. Showing a pulse last year on offense would have fixed half of those problems. And I’m not sold that winning 8 last year would’ve meant landing some of these elite OOS DL guys, but it would’ve made them take Miami much more seriously and made saying no, that much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back