2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I‘m so shaken this year I go for multiple sources before I’ll post anything. Everyone I talked to had him a Cane . Just like Patterson .
Yep, and sometimes it goes like that. We got Cormani’d behind the scenes… at least it wasn’t publicly. Him going to OU isn’t a bad look nationally, even though we know we lost in it final hours.

Advertisement
You guys keep telling me different versions of "it's not easy to land these kids," and I get that. But it's also Mario's ******* job (and a lot of other people's ******* jobs) and he's getting paid $80 million to get it done.

These are the kinds of kids you need to sign if you want to compete for championships.

Think about this conversation in the 4th quarter on October 21st this year, when we play Clemson. Remember this discussion.
And they will come once we give them any semblance of reason to; can't sell off hope and prior accomplishments anymore.

I’ve told you guys that after all these years of this (65 to be exact) I’ve learned that if you don’t expect anything good cause it seems like we can’t have anything good it will be easier on you and your heart in my case….

Then when it happens we do get something nice to happen you can experience all the joy…
I actually live by this motto! That’s why I’m not upset

Advertisement
No one is mad they chose their home teams.
Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

I don't have to answer that. If you think I'm a troll then ban me. Don't even bother with Purgatory. I'm not obligated to monitor this board 24 hours a day on a weekend and while I'm glad we got Patterson, I'm sorry but 14th ranked recrutiting classes and being behind FSU and UF in recruiting with only 1 major DT left on the board (who is also leaning elsewhere) isn't up to my expectations.

If being a fan of Mario and the current leadership at Miami is a requirment to post on this board, then just get rid of me. Shooting straight with you, I'm not a fan of this admin, I don't trust them and they haven't done anything to earn that trust. Manny Diaz and Al Golden could sign a 14th ranked class. So call me a troll if you wish, but that's not performing to my expecation and I can't do anything except be honest about what I think.
I’ve ripped him plenty so I don’t care if you’re a fan or not. I’ve noticed that certain posters are here conveniently when there’s bad news and not anywhere to be seen as it’s inconvenient when there’s good news.

You’re one of them for certain.

Advertisement
funny is we spent 20 years *****ing kids left so fla and now we get mad kids like Franklin and stone play for their home teams.
This isn’t a fair take though. People are mad because they were told we were going to land the goat dl recruiting class comprised of these kids. That’s the differentiator this cycle

Advertisement
If Miami is shocked about this decision there is a major disconnect somewhere and almost points to a lack of self awareness. They have been getting blindsided consistently but continue to chase these so called whales on the D-line. Mario is finding out that he isn’t as awesome at recruiting as he thinks.
Is that soo lol

Where is the rule where you can’t play for a natty in the next 3 years if you are outside the top 5?

You know the playoff is expanding next year right?

Yep If I remember TCU was in the playoffs last year..how many times they been in the top five?
Cincinnati the year before…let me check their top five classes.

You can get to the playoffs without having a top 5 -10 class every year it just makes good coaching a little more important

Advertisement
Where is the rule where you can’t play for a natty in the next 3 years if you are outside the top 5?

You know the playoff is expanding next year right?
At some point Miami is going to have to overachieve in relation to its talent level to return to prominence. The plan of loading up on talent before making a run just isn’t going to work. Stoops and Saban got their teams to overachieve early in their tenures at OU and Bama and things took off from there. I just don’t think Mario is the guy to get more out of less.

This isn’t a fair take though. People are mad because they were told we were going to land the goat dl recruiting class comprised of these kids. That’s the differentiator this cycle
its a weird cycle. Franklin apparently told 3 schools he's coming. Scott was in but his mom pulled a mama Alex collins, and then this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back