2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

We can't have these misses.
You always troll

Advertisement
He pulled a prank on his family and told them Miami (not really that bad when you think about it, just trying to surprise them that he'll be staying home).... one of the family members Mom or Dad texted a UM staffer out of excitement "you got you one coach!!".... Mirabel tweets....

I'm on the right track??
Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

Advertisement
Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

They are misses for everyone besides the school went too…Not just us.

You don't think FSU or Ohio St wants David Stone lol?

We will get another HS DT…Not sure if it's a flip, or a kid we move in on late. Book it.

Advertisement

Well, you’ve learned a lesson bro. Not all kids choose the most NIL money. Most do but not all 🤷‍♂️

They wasn’t crazy about him but they would‘ve taken him. These DT‘s stay in the Sec or Osu. We can’t get to that level without them.
Meanwhile, Clemson grabs em wherever. Idk what they do or how they do it, but it would be nice if we could figure that out.

Advertisement
Stone was the only one I said was coming because he told UM and people around IMG. Thats the same way I knew Patterson was coming. It wasn’t just UM. But I agree , kids are getting paid and staying home or close to home.
We need to up Breland’s then give the remaining to McCray. That would be plan A.

Advertisement
why do kids tell staff they are coming when they arent, sounds dumb AF...
I m guessing one of the following...

1. They don't want to give them bad news
2. They don't want them to keep pushing them right up to that last minute like I am sure some would
3. They figure it will get out once they tell a school and they want to 'shock the world'
4. They legit change their mind

Reactions: JD4
why do kids tell staff they are coming when they arent, sounds dumb AF...
I think it’s because Mario is relentless and a genuine guy. Most kids have a hard time telling someone like that “no” straight up. ****, most adults do too

Reactions: JD4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back