2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah, we got trolled in the sense that he told Miami he was coming. This happened with Scott too. Nothing we can do at this point but let the season unfold and let the staff go to work.
But I think he probably was set to come to Miami when he told them that and changed his mind last minute tonight. I know nothing of course but that was weird af.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1693098356840.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
We offered Stone the most money we’ve ever offered in NIL. We also landed a top 75 player earlier today that got a big NIL. Stop the trollin. We missed on all the highly rated DT’s last year too. You know why? There’s only a handful of them in the world and everybody wants them.

Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

We can't have these misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back