2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Breland still on the board. As you said, add one more and it’s a great DL class as it stands right just would need some more depth. Just hard to ignore that the skies have darkened tremendously this summer.
Breland and my nephew are very good friends. I laugh about all these people on here who have made his mind up for him.

Breland and my nephew are very good friends. I laugh about all these people on here who have made his mind up for him.
Why aren't we really recruiting any other Mater Dei kid? I know they're a USC feeder... but man they're ******* loaded. And if we're gunna have any traction with anyone I'd think O and DLine... They got a stud OLineman..

David doesn't have the STONES to turn down M.I.A.M.I..
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Wiltfong posted an article about Stone. They're almost always fluff pieces. This one seems pretty positive. Especially his mom's quote. She's definitely on board.

I'm usually pretty reserved when it comes to picking what a teenager is going to do. But.. I think we get him.

Miami

Stone's mom said: “I’ll be upfront, there is a lot as far as the school. I’m looking for a college academic wise. His main goal outside of football is to become a doctor. That university alone provided so much opportunities I’ve never seen from a university. For me quality of education, what’s available academic wise I haven’t seen from the other schools. My son wants to be a doctor and they have all the things available to him at the university and the class size, the schools I’ve been traveling too, I’m aware of the larger-scale classes, my daughter goes to OU. I want him to go to college and stay focused on a career both in football and academics. Florida has been a blessing for my family. I say that often. Coming from him, the opportunity given to my family, there’s been growth in that state for my son. I’m grateful for the growth.”

Stone: “It’s everything. My family loves it. It’s that school right now. They’re No. 1 on my board. Being able to be coached by JT (Jason Taylor) it’s legendary. He’s a legendary player. He’s been where I want to be and done what I want to do. Yes big shoes to fill but what not better to learn from the person that’s done what you want to do. Just the way, they’ve been recruiting me hard ever since my first visit. I’ve been in constant communication with them. They’ve been hitting me up every day and it’s been a blast being recruited by them.”

Oklahoma:

Stone's mom: “It’s a good university. I like Todd Bates. My daughter is there. I like OU. The coaches are nice. I like Venables. He is a great man.”

Stone: “It would be like a no-brainer. It would be the easiest pick to make. It would be the simplest choice to come back and continue the Oklahoma legacy. They’ve (Bates and Venables) coached a lot of great players and developed a lot of great players into the league. Those guys are producing at the highest levels. I remember Coach Bates, I was on a visit to OU one time and the Clemson guys (in the NFL) were back there working out at Oklahoma even though they didn’t go there. It showed the relationship he has with his guys is outstanding. For them to come back to a school they didn’t attend shows how much trust and faith they put into that man.”

Why aren't we really recruiting any other Mater Dei kid? I know they're a USC feeder... but man they're ******* loaded. And if we're gunna have any traction with anyone I'd think O and DLine... They got a stud OLineman..
This is actually a year where most of their talent isn't upperclassmen. But were after 3 kids from mater dei. With them in general it's more crawl before you walk. For kids to leave the West Coast there's either gotta be some common fabric or it's gotta be trendy. They're groupies out there for the most part. They just follow the pack.

This is actually a year where most of their talent isn't upperclassmen. But were after 3 kids from mater dei. With them in general it's more crawl before you walk. For kids to leave the West Coast there's either gotta be some common fabric or it's gotta be trendy. They're groupies out there for the most part. They just follow the pack.
Top ranked high school team in the nation and "most of their top talent isn't upperclassmen." ****..

Advertisement
Wiltfong posted an article about Stone. They're almost always fluff pieces. This one seems pretty positive. Especially his mom's quote. She's definitely on board.

I'm usually pretty reserved when it comes to picking what a teenager is going to do. But.. I think we get him.

Miami

Stone's mom said: “I’ll be upfront, there is a lot as far as the school. I’m looking for a college academic wise. His main goal outside of football is to become a doctor. That university alone provided so much opportunities I’ve never seen from a university. For me quality of education, what’s available academic wise I haven’t seen from the other schools. My son wants to be a doctor and they have all the things available to him at the university and the class size, the schools I’ve been traveling too, I’m aware of the larger-scale classes, my daughter goes to OU. I want him to go to college and stay focused on a career both in football and academics. Florida has been a blessing for my family. I say that often. Coming from him, the opportunity given to my family, there’s been growth in that state for my son. I’m grateful for the growth.”

Stone: “It’s everything. My family loves it. It’s that school right now. They’re No. 1 on my board. Being able to be coached by JT (Jason Taylor) it’s legendary. He’s a legendary player. He’s been where I want to be and done what I want to do. Yes big shoes to fill but what not better to learn from the person that’s done what you want to do. Just the way, they’ve been recruiting me hard ever since my first visit. I’ve been in constant communication with them. They’ve been hitting me up every day and it’s been a blast being recruited by them.”

Oklahoma:

Stone's mom: “It’s a good university. I like Todd Bates. My daughter is there. I like OU. The coaches are nice. I like Venables. He is a great man.”

Stone: “It would be like a no-brainer. It would be the easiest pick to make. It would be the simplest choice to come back and continue the Oklahoma legacy. They’ve (Bates and Venables) coached a lot of great players and developed a lot of great players into the league. Those guys are producing at the highest levels. I remember Coach Bates, I was on a visit to OU one time and the Clemson guys (in the NFL) were back there working out at Oklahoma even though they didn’t go there. It showed the relationship he has with his guys is outstanding. For them to come back to a school they didn’t attend shows how much trust and faith they put into that man.”

Heavens to Betsy.

Yeah - I don't consider this trolling unless he was just posting a school that he doesnt end up picking, but he is posting all of them so he is just trying to hype up his 'moment'
I dont hate on kids for that. it feels like he may choose us like for real but that September visit to bama puts whatever team he commits to Saturday on notice

Miami

Oklahoma:

Regarding OU this line stood out to me, " it would be the easiest pick to make ". If it was so easy to pick OU why hasn't he picked them already ? It's not like he's visited a ton of obvious bag schools constantly. I'd say he's been pretty reserved with his volume of visits considering his 5 star status. Not saying he's picking us but it really feels like a classic choice between his head vs his heart here. Let's hope we pull this out cuz this kid is a day 1 difference maker.

Advertisement
Regarding OU this line stood out to me, " it would be the easiest pick to make ". If it was so easy to pick OU why hasn't he picked them already. It's not like he's visited a ton of obvious bag schools constantly. I'd say he's been pretty reserved with his volume of visits considering his 5 star status. Not saying he's picking us but it really feels like a classic choice between his head vs his heart.
Exactly. That's exactly what stood out to me too. I actually had it bolded along with the other "it would be" parts of his quote. I took it out because I'm TRYING not to read too much into it. But obviously I still am!

Advertisement
I remember Coach Bates, I was on a visit to OU one time and the Clemson guys (in the NFL) were back there working out at Oklahoma even though they didn’t go there. It showed the relationship he has with his guys is outstanding. For them to come back to a school they didn’t attend shows how much trust and faith they put into that man.”
Hmmm, I remember this happening here this summer and alot of guys got in they feelings about it.. Happens all over the nation..

Exactly. That's exactly what stood out to me too. I actually had it bolded along with the other "it would be" parts of his quote. I took it out because I'm TRYING not to read too much into it. But obviously I still am!
I always pay close attention not to the exact wording of a recruit or their family but the way those words are delivered as they a lot of times unintentionally reveal their intent. There's enough back and forth here to indicate he truly might be torn and this is gonna be a real photo finish. We desperately need one to go our way and no better kid than this one for it to happen.

Miami

Oklahoma:

1692919818257.gif

Buddy driving that OU bag up 〽️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back