2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We up

Screenshot_20230821_232145_Chrome.jpg

Truly feel we are doing everything possible here, and I am NOT the guy to cry “we did xyz and the kid just didn’t want to come” etc. From the NIL, to the non stop love/attention, including his family in everything, the playing time, and several other things. I want to believe, because we are desperate and truly believe we have gone all out but we will see Saturday. Haven’t felt the pure need for us to get a kids verbal like this in a minute. I’ve maintained from jump that he is my favorite DL this cycle, ever since I saw that IMG game last fall and he was best player on the field.

Getting him and Jones across the finish line would be monumental for this program and if we were to add another premier interior along w those 2 would literally change this teams floor for the next 4 years, in a good way. Like many have said, this is what we hired the $80M man for, literally this. You can’t win big without these types. You want to start and sustain punishing the “inferior” teams on this conference consistently, you do it with QB’s and/or LOS monsters. Idc how you do it MC and co., but can’t whiff here.
Mane him and Jones next to Bain for 2 or 3 years is pressure. I feel like Miami putting that huge bag on him cause he can have a Mauigoa impact along the d-line and they know it

Advertisement
Seven figures over the course of 3 years. I'd rather take some of that money use it to go get the next Bear Alexander in the portal. Go get a proven player. Spending that type of money on HS recruits that aren't QBs is too much in my opinion. Get proven future NFL players with the money. Don't overpay for a recruit that could end up being a bust anyway.

Advertisement
Seven figures over the course of 3 years. I'd rather take some of that money use it to go get the next Bear Alexander in the portal. Go get a proven player. Spending that type of money on HS recruits that aren't QBs is too much in my opinion. Get proven future NFL players with the money. Don't overpay for a recruit that could end up being a bust anyway.

What do you think we paid for his former teammate, J Wayne?

Some HS players are worth it. I mean why not pay Bear and get him for 3 years instead of hoping a player like him enters the portal which they usually don't. You actually see more movement of top QBs than top DL.

Advertisement
You ask can he live that far away? I answered with "he's been doing so for the last two years." So clearly he can. Simple question and answer so don't understand what's the confusion
I’m not gonna get into Symantecs. You don’t think it’s a factor. At the end of the day, if we land him, then land Patterson, that will calm the board down. I’ll be thrilled. All I’m saying is, it sounds like he misses his family and it’s been posted on this board more than by just me. So
It wouldn’t shock me if he picked OU. But Miami has to win one of these battles right? Mario has to win one of these tough battles. We will see

Advertisement
Some HS players are worth it. I mean why not pay Bear and get him for 3 years instead of hoping a player like him enters the portal which they usually don't. You actually see more movement of top QBs than top DL.
I get what you're saying but it's just risky to me.

I’m not gonna get into Symantecs. You don’t think it’s a factor. At the end of the day, if we land him, then land Patterson, that will calm the board down. I’ll be thrilled. All I’m saying is, it sounds like he misses his family and it’s been posted on this board more than by just me. So
It wouldn’t shock me if he picked OU. But Miami has to win one of these battles right? Mario has to win one of these tough battles. We will see
His family apparently wants him in Miami though. Maybe they’d move???

Anyway, I’m following @Ghandi but hoping to be wrong. Would be a major win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back