2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone else said him throwing up the U was the kiss of death. I can't think of any time that was done or a recruit posted a team edit before an announcement and picked that school.
At the end of the day what a recruit says or something staged like that has little bearing but I'm following the recent trend which generally isn't positive for DT.

Advertisement
Venables has had 6 D-lineman drafted in the first round since 2016, with Bates (D-line coach) coaching 5 of them for at least 2 seasons. Throw in his family being in/from Oklahoma and Jayden Jackson's commitment there (who Bates was given credit for) and we're looking at an uphill climb.

I'm hoping for the best, but this was always going to be a difficult pull.

Venables has had 6 D-lineman drafted in the first round since 2016, with Bates (D-line coach) coaching 5 of them for at least 2 seasons. Throw in his family being in/from Oklahoma and Jayden Jackson's commitment there (who Bates was given credit for) and we're looking at an uphill climb.

I'm hoping for the best, but this was always going to be a difficult pull.
Let's see if he does that without Dabo

Advertisement
Miami needs LT and/or Mesidor to get drafted high. To do so, they need the Defensive unit to perform much better to allow them to maximize their stats/performance. I’m just as concerned about DE as DT and would like them to sign one more DE.

Advertisement
His people expect OK, but he has not decided yet.
John Candy Reaction GIF

Go ahead do it to yourself. It was already posted how hard it’s been for him to be far from his family. But cool! This is why we live in America
I’m not doing anything simply stating he currently lives in Florida. But if u wanna keep throwing a ***** fit have at it guy.

Advertisement
I just rewatched Stone's and Franklin's HUDL. Franklin reminded me of a big Chad Thomas. Really wish we had landed him. But Stone, man, that boy is the goods. He is so high energy, competitive, relentless. I don't have a comparison to him that wouldn't look ridiculous (thinking of some NFL guys). I just know we NEED his level of play on our team.

Not sure that’s how it works or else we’d need the 12th best Xs and Os and game strategy, too, no? He’s here to recruit to our max ability. It’s his core strength. We’ll see what happens.
I’d say it’s up to him to get us finishing in the top 12 long-term. It’s more than just X/O and recruiting.

But how do you define elite? If I tell you we landed a top 10 recruiting class, are you calling that an elite class? If I tell you we landed the 5th best DLine class is that elite? If that’s not elite why are people acting like Mario being paid the 12th most is some insanely elite level of pay?

My point is People are acting like he’s paid more than any other coach in CFB and that because he’s being paid that much that results should have been attained at the moment of signing and that any step back or delay in the rebuilding process is unacceptable. But as I showed that’s not true. And with not even 2 years under his belt, and in only August when NSD is in December, I find it funny.

Advertisement
I’d say it’s up to him to get us finishing in the top 12 long-term. It’s more than just X/O and recruiting.

But how do you define elite? If I tell you we landed a top 10 recruiting class, are you calling that an elite class? If I tell you we landed the 5th best DLine class is that elite? If that’s not elite why are people acting like Mario being paid the 12th most is some insanely elite level of pay?

My point is People are acting like he’s paid more than any other coach in CFB and that because he’s being paid that much that results should have been attained at the moment of signing and that any step back or delay in the rebuilding process is unacceptable. But as I showed that’s not true. And with not even 2 years under his belt, and in only August when NSD is in December, I find it funny.
I think he needs to do better than "Top 12 in recruiting" to earn that Top 12 salary. Why? Again, it's his current core strength in the face of other coaching attributes that are arguably not Top 12. Last recruiting season, I think he accomplished it. Of course, different factors and variables now. I don't look at things as that level of "Top X in recruiting" black and white, so as I said, we shall see. It's still early in both the recruiting season and lots still pending with what happens on the field this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back