2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Nope. We can say that our NIL is competitive but in reality there’s no local business support. Unless the action community gets involved its going to be a notch behind.
Related/unrelated but read this quote from Dre Kirkpatrick Jr (ouch) who committed to Bama yesterday

IMG_9697.jpeg

I don’t live in south Florida. But I guess that’s my problem. I figured since Miami is Miami and not Athens, there would be better opportunities to make NIL money in a city like Miami.
I would say there may technically be more opportunities but not necessarily “better.” In Athens you’re a big fish in a small pond, so all of the opportunities are knocking at your door.

In Miami you’re in the ocean. You have to be really good at marketing yourself or have a really good agent to do it for you.
As @TRick72 mentioned, nobody notices you because either they don’t care about football, or college football, or is a fan of a different team, etc, etc, etc.

So while Athens may be a known fishing spot where you’re guaranteed to catch a few bass, maybe even a “big” 5lber Miami is like the ocean, just because there are bigger fish doesn’t mean you’re going to catch bigger fish or even any at all.

Advertisement
Miami is a much bigger city but not everyone is a fan, much less of the U. Not only do you have a plethora of graduates from UF, FSPOO and other schools but you also have a very sizable population that doesn’t even know what a Football is much less care about it. Once you get passed that, then you have 5 professional organizations to compete with. Most people here don’t know who TVD is much less give a **** what he drives or what he eats.

These college towns are the complete opposite. Everyone’s life revolves around the team. Overwhelming majority not only know who player is but would do anything for access to them. Most of the businesses are local small businesses that would benefit from giving a player an NIL deal. Obviously I’m just speaking as it relates to NIL and college players.
Miami is also a fairweather fan city so if your a winning team, everyone comes out. Problem is we have only one relevant season in the last 15 years (2017)..and guess what? The whole city came out for UM that year. The ND game atmosphere was top 5 in UM history and I’ve been to them all since 1982.

Advertisement
time to up the $ here. while they're at it go in with a bigger $ offer on jackson to make OU play some defense.
The good news is that we’ve missed on so many targets we have like $5mil to give Stone…

Seriously though. If you have been in the crowd that has started to think we have a chance here over the last week…stop

Advertisement
Miami is a much bigger city but not everyone is a fan, much less of the U. Not only do you have a plethora of graduates from UF, FSPOO and other schools but you also have a very sizable population that doesn’t even know what a Football is much less care about it. Once you get passed that, then you have 5 professional organizations to compete with. Most people here don’t know who TVD is much less give a **** what he drives or what he eats.

These college towns are the complete opposite. Everyone’s life revolves around the team. Overwhelming majority not only know who player is but would do anything for access to them. Most of the businesses are local small businesses that would benefit from giving a player an NIL deal. Obviously I’m just speaking as it relates to NIL and college players.
100% of a small pie isn't necessarily better than 10% of a massive pie.

Only the real NIL insiders know if this is true or false.

I'd be willing to bet that Braman Motors has more revenue than every single car dealership in Mississippi combined.

No inside information. But my hot take is we win this one. The only thing that gives me pause is his buddy committed to OU. But as someone reminded me, those packages deals almost never hold. Don't hit me up with he's from Oklahoma. The kid plays at IMG now and momma likes JT and Miami. He's already moved on from Oklahoma.

Having lost Franklin, I think Mario and Miami's NIL collective are not going to let Stone get away. Stone to the U.

Advertisement
No inside information. But my hot take is we win this one. The only thing that gives me pause is his buddy committed to OU. But as someone reminded me, those packages deals almost never hold. Don't hit me up with he's from Oklahoma. The kid plays at IMG now and momma likes JT and Miami. He's already moved on from Oklahoma.

Having lost Franklin, I think Mario and Miami's NIL collective are not going to let Stone get away. Stone to the U.
1692476179989.gif

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back