2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Does anyone know why DT recruiting continues to struggle year after year? WR recruiting has picked up under Beard and we’re doing pretty well now. We’ve always recruited well at RB even in our down years so not too concerned there. We continue to load up on edge guys and TE’s. DT, though, is still a major thorn in our side. Is it as simple as Big Joe isn’t getting it done on the trail or is it deeper than that? I think much of it has to do with the fact that the SEC has garnered the reputation of being THE conference where DT’s can thrive and become a first round draft pick. Somehow we need to change the narrative, and LT should help with that at next year’s NFL draft.

Advertisement
Does anyone know why DT recruiting continues to struggle year after year? WR recruiting has picked up under Beard and we’re doing pretty well now. We’ve always recruited well at RB even in our down years so not too concerned there. We continue to load up on edge guys and TE’s. DT, though, is still a major thorn in our side. Is it as simple as Big Joe isn’t getting it done on the trail or is it deeper than that? I think much of it has to do with the fact that the SEC has garnered the reputation of being THE conference where DT’s can thrive and become a first round draft pick. Somehow we need to change the narrative, and LT should help with that at next year’s NFL draft.

Just a guess but there are more WR's available than DT's. Competition for DT's is more intense...JMO

Historically, top rated DTs have been valued higher than top shelf WRs. Harder to find a game changing war daddy than a game changing WR.

Plus, the big boys of recruiting have put an emphasis on this position which makes it even more challenging

Miami hurricane
Andre The Giant No GIF

Advertisement
I know Stone is a battle and we’re the underdog. I know we’ve missed on a handful of dudes lately as we swing for the fences against the top programs in the country. Maybe our NIL is not as deep as we had hoped.

But **** I didn’t expect fans to just lay down on the railroad track to die. Mario’s not doing that. And it’s not like he has lost all the major battles either. You think those programs just gifted us Trader, Lightfoot, Riley et al.?

I love the fact we keep battling. I love the fact we’re in it for all these Top 100 kids and never concede. It’s a slugfest right now and we’re bloodied. But we’re still in the ring and getting our punches in.
IMG_7304.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think you've answered it yourself. If it's year after year, it can't be Big Joe. He's only been here since Mario came. We had this discussion going back to the Golden years.

IMO, the school's that do well at DT (Bama, GA, OSU, Clemson), after QB, save the biggest bags for DT. They're the rarest to find and have the biggest impact on defense. If they're elite, they won't get outbid.

Last edited:
Yeah, theres not many elite ones & the ones there are fetch top dollar & are desired by every school in the country & are at the top of everyones boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back