2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has what his mother would consider bad influences here in OKC (think cousins/child hood friends with certain affiliations) - we’ve done our best to mitigate that by bringing on Gerald mccoy as basically his own personal recruiting line to the stone family (they’re from the same area in east OKC)

Let's get Warren Sapp to be his mentor instead

Advertisement
I just saw a study that the most likely victim of a crime in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are kids rated in the top 247 in Football. They would all be safer in Miami.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

I do feel compelled to share with you guys theirs a lot of buzz in sooner land that they’re going to try to get him to shut it down this weekend - don’t shoot the messenger, this is just me being transparent - I personally don’t buy it because to stone attention has been everything, but that smoke is certainly out there

bold strategy cotton Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Advertisement
Kinda makes sense to me… by all accounts this kid has been telling them he is coming this whole time. Well you’ve taken some visits and now you are taking an OV with us(Okie) let’s make it official. If he balks, it lets you know he was BSin the whole time. They wouldn’t stop recruiting him but they would know he isn’t a lock.

Advertisement
Kinda makes sense to me… by all accounts this kid has been telling them he is coming this whole time. Well you’ve taken some visits and now you are taking an OV with us(Okie) let’s make it official. If he balks, it lets you know he was BSin the whole time. They wouldn’t stop recruiting him but they would know he isn’t a lock.

I hear you. But this kid seems to enjoy being recruited, and he also seems to be telling different people at different schools different things about his intentions. Pushing too hard to get a kid like that to shut it down could create some friction, but the upside is as you've pointed out. It all depends on how they go about "trying to get him to shut it down" and how much pressure they apply.

The good news for us is UM will get the upside without any of the downside (since we aren't the ones applying the pressure).

I hear you. But this kid seems to enjoy being recruited, and he also seems to be telling different people at different schools different things about his intentions. Pushing too hard to get a kid like that to shut it down could create some friction, but the upside is as you've pointed out. It all depends on how they go about "trying to get him to shut it down" and how much pressure they apply.

The good news for us is UM will get the upside without any of the downside (since we aren't the ones applying the pressure).
You cant force a kid like that to shut it down. Either he’s gonna tell you more bull**** to make you happy or he’s gonna straight tell you to **** off.
Stone knows **** well he’s got a spot at whatever school he wants no matter the bull**** he pull off.

Advertisement
I always say follow the visits and he has taken multi day visits to Miami even, from a local player its not such a big thing but to come down from IMG. There is something there. He has not really shown where he was leaning. It didn't end well eventually but his recruitment reminds me fo Cormani's. The dynamics say Miami, the narrative says OU. We seems to always end up in these scenarios as many people have convinced themselves last season was a fluke.

OU knows his mother wants him out of Oklahoma. They believe they can convince her otherwise . They are also banking on the sister being a student there and he seems to visit her often. It's convenient; we know how that goes. How many guys did Miami recruit who lived on campus yet went elsewhere?
Tyrique was one of them....

I don't remember where I read it or heard it but I believe the sister transferring could be part of the deal. She is supposedly open to a transfer.....

Advertisement
OU knows his mother wants him out of Oklahoma. They believe they can convince her otherwise . They are also banking on the sister being a student there and he seems to visit her often. It's convenient; we know how that goes. How many guys did Miami recruit who lived on campus yet went elsewhere?

I don't remember where I read it or heard it but I believe the sister transferring could be part of the deal. She is supposedly open to a transfer.....
I mean… if one of my siblings was attending any college, I’d be there all the time partying. ****, I visited friends on the weekends all the time when I was still in HS. That means very little to me.

They aint gonna convince the mom. Free law school for the sister like Saban said we did for Cohen and we good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back