2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little background on that commitment to ORegon.... The kid had silently committed to Oregon in April and as recently as the night before he went public he was telling the OU staff he was going there..... All their fan boards were telling subscribers that he was "all Oklahoma". They bought the whole story from the kid and then went crazy when he committed to ORegon over the weekend..... Apparently the OU staff was pretty shocked too....
Who actually committed to Oregon over Oklahoma? Its not Stone right? I can't figure out what's going on here.

Advertisement
Who actually committed to Oregon over Oklahoma? Its not Stone right? I can't figure out what's going on here.
I had to go deep dive.. looks like another local Oklahoma DL prospect who committed to Oregon…

Guessing they had him penciled since he was a in state kid and with stone also being a instate kid I’m sure they know each other

Xadavien Sims is the kids name

I think he’s alluding to Xadavien Sims?

Oregon has bag bags and they’re not afraid to use ‘em.

no. Xadavien Sims, a DL on OU's board. Their fan boards had been under the impression he was all OU - literally up to the hour he announced for Oregon.
He posted those comments from the OU 247 board on social media and Stone commented on his post...

Has to help us, no? Those Okies are as insane as Gator fans.
I mean it def does not help OU but Stone seems smart enough to not let this stuff get to him. Below was his tweet to the DL that committed to Oregon over OU

"I’ve experienced a similar situation to this by a fan base. I was receiving pure hatred. The difference here is majority of their fans love you but there’ll always be those few. I’m sending you all love brother block it out and be great."

First question is I wonder what fan base gave him pure hatred? However he then qualified that and let his buddy know that most of the OU fans will still love him as a home town product and not to let a few off kilter comments speak the loudest.

Advertisement
Was about to post this. HE IS REQDING **** MESSAGE BOARD LOSERS
Clearly something is wrong... Whenever it's pointed out that recruits and their families are watching so let's try and conduct ourselves as such, people on here swear that's nonsense or they're beta recruits... This is an example to all. Be better. Look how insane those clowns look talking bout a child like that.

Clearly something is wrong... Whenever it's pointed out that recruits and their families are watching so let's try and conduct ourselves as such, people on here swear that's nonsense or they're beta recruits... This is an example to all. Be better. Look how insane those clowns look talking bout a child like that.
And recruits also follow those kinda message board geniuses type account that show the bad fans that trash players. Trashing players after they commit elsewhere is so bad for the brand

In a perfect world yes. Message boards will be what they are...message boards. We can't control others and the nonsense they post about kids. But it is what is, these recruits and their families need to be focused on whats important and not some 70yo man crying about losing a recruit lmao.

In a perfect world yes. Message boards will be what they are...message boards. We can't control others and the nonsense they post about kids. But it is what is, these recruits and their families need to be focused on whats important and not some 70yo man crying about losing a recruit lmao.
Yeah but the reality is that these kids aren't like us...they are native to the internet and it takes up more of their bandwidth then it does for people born pre-2000 (or whatever).

Advertisement
Personally I never comment about a kid once he picks somewhere else. But I do think a distinction can be drawn. Apparently this kid was all OU and even the staff was surprised by the pick (I have no idea if that is true or to what extent but just what I read from their board). If the kid wanted to be a troll then you get the anger and negative implications that come with being a troll, it is his decision and his choice. While comments towards a players family or health or wellbeing are NEVER appropriate, I likewise think "playing" a school (if that is what happened) is likewise never appropriate. Two wrongs do not make it right but I can somewhat understand the negative response to the latter.

I also agree these kids do not owe the fans a single **** thing but I also think they need to be responsible for their actions inclusive of the consequences. Big difference in my eyes between someone like Cormani who went out of his way to keep telling everyone he was all UM, throwing up the U, rocking U stuff at his games and all star game, then flipping last minute and say Brandon Innis who like Cormani did not end up here but they handled the recruitment differently. One almost begged/taunted for vitriol and wanted the "haters" while the other weighed his options and made a decision.

beat up will ferrell GIF

I've seen some unsavory utterance from knuckle-draggers on Inside the U and Twitter (fake accounts). CIS seems to police it's own pretty well. Act out in here and you're liable to get dealt with.

70yrs old??....I'll have you know, I'm a robust 62 Pal....

Yall dont even know who is behind the keyboard. It clearly us sour grapes and cross the line but that aint why bro left and aint gonna have no bearing on Stone going there or not. Also the Chiminade stuff is bull. No one tweeted at that kid. He picked it up and quote tweet it. Not buying none of that. There is clearly a difference between thin skinned kids and abuse. If any of this mattered, no kid would go to these places in ruby red rural america who say and feel the worse things about black people. And like i said there clearly is a line, so man cant be online saying whatever they want, sending threats and racial abuse etc.

Advertisement
First question is I wonder what fan base gave him pure hatred? However he then qualified that and let his buddy know that most of the OU fans will still love him as a home town product and not to let a few off kilter comments speak the loudest.
Michigan

Yeah but the reality is that these kids aren't like us...they are native to the internet and it takes up more of their bandwidth then it does for people born pre-2000 (or whatever).
It doesn’t take up more or less bandwidth, it can just feel like things said on the internet can be more personal since they grew up with it and a lot more of their communication is on it.

Advertisement
Idk why dudes go wild on kids. Think of them as if they were ur child. Move on

I know these recruits read the boards. I just can't believe it would change someones mind of choosing basically their entire future.

They're 15-18. Say something bad about a fellow recruit, their coach, their momma, their girlfriend, them ... they'll remember it. Some are relaxed enough to ignore it. Some aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back