2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Stone took an unofficial visit to Ga Tech recently. The draw to Ga Tech is DL coach, Marco Coleman. He was originally at Michigan State, before heading to his alma mater in GT.

the following is from a write up on the OU 247 board. Just a note: this particular 247 reporter is always POSITIVE. In his mind, they are getting EVERYONE!

"MSU was considered the Sooners main competitor for Stone at one point, but things have changed and the Spartans seem to be waning there now, according to what I have been told by sources close to Stone.

As for the Sooners, they will undoubtedly get an official visit. No date has been set just yet, but Stone has a few dates in mind that he could take that visit, he says.

Another interesting thing of note is that Stone is working on setting up a potential trip to OU for their spring game in April 22nd. It’s not a done deal, but Stone tells me that he is working on it and will update me once the final decisions are made and things are set up.

Stone will be making trips and officials this summer, but I still get the sense, after talking to various sources, that Stone still has OU as the leader. Stone won’t outright say that, but he will be back in OK this summer for an extended period time and he has informed me that multiple trips to OU are in the cards and possible camp, again, too. He generally stays with his sister, who lives in Norman and attends OU.

Stone has a strong relationship with Todd Bates (Sooners DL coach). He will tell you that is his strongest relationship if you ask him. That bond he has with the OU staff has served the Sooners well.

That said, momma needs sold on the OU some more and that is the big challenge for Bates and Oklahoma. Things are getting better there, as it’s not OU or the coaches, but a mom wanting to protect their son from things and people she may not trust — like those he grew up around.

With his sister at OU and others potentially looking there, like his best friend and safety Mykel Patterson-McDonald, Oklahoma has some strong built-in advantages.

Still, holding off Miami, GT, LSU, A&M, Ohio State and a few others won’t be easy, but with Oklahoma likely getting to host Stone on several more unofficial visits (possibly the spring game too), and an official visit this summer, I still still like my crystal ball to OU."

Stone took an unofficial visit to Ga Tech recently. The draw to Ga Tech is DL coach, Marco Coleman. He was originally at Michigan State, before heading to his alma mater in GT.

the following is from a write up on the OU 247 board. Just a note: this particular 247 reporter is always POSITIVE. In his mind, they are getting EVERYONE!

"MSU was considered the Sooners main competitor for Stone at one point, but things have changed and the Spartans seem to be waning there now, according to what I have been told by sources close to Stone.

As for the Sooners, they will undoubtedly get an official visit. No date has been set just yet, but Stone has a few dates in mind that he could take that visit, he says.

Another interesting thing of note is that Stone is working on setting up a potential trip to OU for their spring game in April 22nd. It’s not a done deal, but Stone tells me that he is working on it and will update me once the final decisions are made and things are set up.

Stone will be making trips and officials this summer, but I still get the sense, after talking to various sources, that Stone still has OU as the leader. Stone won’t outright say that, but he will be back in OK this summer for an extended period time and he has informed me that multiple trips to OU are in the cards and possible camp, again, too. He generally stays with his sister, who lives in Norman and attends OU.

Stone has a strong relationship with Todd Bates (Sooners DL coach). He will tell you that is his strongest relationship if you ask him. That bond he has with the OU staff has served the Sooners well.

That said, momma needs sold on the OU some more and that is the big challenge for Bates and Oklahoma. Things are getting better there, as it’s not OU or the coaches, but a mom wanting to protect their son from things and people she may not trust — like those he grew up around.

With his sister at OU and others potentially looking there, like his best friend and safety Mykel Patterson-McDonald, Oklahoma has some strong built-in advantages.

Still, holding off Miami, GT, LSU, A&M, Ohio State and a few others won’t be easy, but with Oklahoma likely getting to host Stone on several more unofficial visits (possibly the spring game too), and an official visit this summer, I still still like my crystal ball to OU."

Marco Coleman? Same one who played for the Dolphins back in the 90s?

Advertisement
Dude is all Sooner.
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
Trips to Miami in the spring to drive up that ok oil money?
There is much talk on the OU board about NIL. Many think his mother is trying to drive it up with her reluctance to embrace OU. The 247 reporter doesn't think that's the case.

I've wondered if he is stringing them along to keep the local peace , much like some of the So Fla guys do to Miami. His sister is enrolled there and lives off campus. It's pretty convenient to visit. The OU writer has been burned a few times by kids who misled him so who knows....

One of the podcasts mentioned that Rueben Bain is working on Stone from the player's side....

There is much talk on the OU board about NIL. Many think his mother is trying to drive it up with her reluctance to embrace OU. The 247 reporter doesn't think that's the case.
Whenever things don’t go your way in CFB recruiting, blaming NIL and that recruit’s desire for it will always be excuse number 1. It’s way easier to say someone over paid than we got out recruited.

Advertisement
I've wondered if he is stringing them along to keep the local peace , much like some of the So Fla guys do to Miami. His sister is enrolled there and lives off campus. It's pretty convenient to visit. The OU writer has been burned a few times by kids who misled him so who knows....

One of the podcasts mentioned that Rueben Bain is working on Stone from the player's side....
David Stone loves Bains game he mentioned him a bunch of times at the practices how they could do damage together, plus he loves how he teammates are treated here too. Even talked about recruiting other guys on his next visit

Whenever things don’t go your way in CFB recruiting, blaming NIL and that recruit’s desire for it will always be excuse number 1. It’s way easier to say someone over paid than we got out recruited.

And college basketball just ask Jim Boeheim

Advertisement
I just don't like that stuff. It seemed so out of character for him, given the way he's been presented. Maybe it's my misconception, IDK
I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal in general. It’s very mild for recruiting behavior

The part about mom not wanting him in OU because of ppl he grew up around reminds me of when kids say that down here..if that’s a real concern he’s not going to OU

Who was the defensive end who went to IL because momma wanted him away from bad influences? Man I remember wanting that kid so badly. Hopefully momma works in our favor this time. Lord knows we’re due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back