2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

The next two weekends, IMG Academy five-star defensive lineman David Stone will be on a college visit. To the same school. The blue-chipper tells 247Sports he'll be at Miami this weekend and the next. "Miami has always been a special program and I feel like what the 23 class they brought in, they look like they can do something special here soon," Stone said. The Hurricanes are battling the likes of Oklahoma, Michigan State, Texas A&M, LSU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, USC and Arkansas among others. 247Sports ranks the 6-foot-4, 270-pound Stone as the nation's No. 2 defensive lineman and No. 7 prospect overall.

excited the waterboy GIF

Been away, saw this on twitter and had to pull up. If we can nail down a top 5 DT class, we banging. These guys are prizes, we need them, plus we can sell them on practicing against our OL. He mentions what we did in '23 too so kids take notice which is why i say stars matter. They matter to the kids, so they matter. Im real happy JT is on the field. He could end up being the DC here imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
David Stone confirmed he will be back at Miami next weekend. He said he passed up going to Ohio State this weekend to come here, and passed up going to Tennessee next weekend to come back. I think Michigan State is fading. Oklahoma is always going to be a player, but Stone does want to see OSU and Bama amongst others pushing. - ITU 247

Advertisement

“I feel like, for me, I want to be able to experience the school,” Stone told InsideTheU. “The behind the scenes things, see practice, the players, see the way they mingle with everybody because you don’t really get to see that when you’re in a big group of people. For me, if I feel like I enjoy the school, and I feel like there’s things I like about it, I feel like my parents will enjoy it too and I would try to get them out to a visit and see if they like the school as well. If they don’t like it, then I feel like I wont consider a school. I want them to be comfortable with me being away from home and I feel like that’s important part of me being a better player. I want them to feel like I’m in a safe environment and grow as a person and get the knowledge I need to accomplish my dreams.”

“I like the intensity of practice. Practice is at a high-tempo, high intensity type of establishment. I feel like the way they conducted things were at a high level. It felt like it was a game day. Everything was moving, flowing. The intensity of things was next level. I feel like if you practice like its game day every day, you have no choice but to get better,” Stone said.

Miami has been a school that Stone has strongly considered throughout the process, but he’s giving them the closest look of the process this weekend and next.

“Miami is a school I could definitely consider coming to,” Stone said. “I want to see what they can do what the [defensive] line they got. Their d-line seems to be pretty special. They got Rueben Bain and Jayden Wayne. That’s two guys I feel like are top level dudes. I feel like Rueben Bain is a top level pass rusher. He’s very good at what he does. Jayden Wayne as well. He’s got a lot of length to him and speed. That’s something they can use well on the EDGE. I want to see what they can do with those two. I feel like I got both of their games, so I feel like if they can use them at a high level then they can use me the same.”

Stone does want to see Ohio State. Tennessee as well. Florida and Alabama are two SEC schools he wants to see as well.

Michigan State has been one school that Stone has been tied to, but with two of his primary recruiters out of East Lansing, things may be fading with the Spartans.

“[BT Jordan], I talk to him pretty often. That’s my dude. I call him regularly to check up on him. [Marco Coleman] left too. I feel like that did kind of hurt. It felt not as bad because BT was there, but once BT left, the whole vibe was, to me, it just changed. It felt like the guys who were recruiting me there were no longer there, but I feel like I got a pretty good relationship with [Mel Tucker] and the rest of the staff. Those two losses, it hurts, but you got no choice but to keep going.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back