DL Coach search

I bet you were one of the guys that trashed the Hartley hire.

Good coaches come from all different paths.

At DL, we desperately need a monster recruiter because of how Kool ****ed us. If this guy can coach in the NFL and recruit, I'd take that.

1. I probably did, correct. Once again, play the percentages here.
2. You are exactly right. We need a monster recruiter, do we know that is what this guy is? Or are you just optimistically assuming that to spin your argument?
3. Being an NFL "Defensive Assistant" is the equivalent of being a grad assistant in College. Its not like this guy was even the assistant DL Coach for the Falcons. He likely wrote scripts and charted practices for them for a year. That's grand experience there man. Exactly what I want for my Canes.

Advertisement
10 chips in Georgia is not something to glance over. If a coach did hat on fla he’d be a god. Anyone in GA know about this mans reputation as a talent developer. There is a saying that defense wins championships so I’m sure he might know a bing or 2. Also, can’t underestimate the impact in that state in terms of recruiting.

That doesn't mean every coach will follow this path buddy, Jesus. Play the percentages here. Yes, a successful coach came from Jax State, went on to be the DL Coach under arguably the best DC in CFB for a team that was hitting its stride and landing top studs across the DL before he got there. That doesn't mean this hire would be okay. I'd much rather us land a proven guy with a proven track record because the likelihood of him doing well is much higher than a guy that has zero P5 experience, despite what this ONE Clemson coach has done. Understand?
Aint no percentages. Just cause a guy has experince doesn't mean he will be good. And it isnt just this one clemson coach. Mike vrabel retired from the nfl and went to coach ohio state d-line the next year. A few years later the guy is now going to be the hc for the titans. Look at jeremy pruitt. This shît happens a lot in these days and times.

Advertisement
Aint no percentages. Just cause a guy has experince doesn't mean he will be good. And it isnt just this one clemson coach. Mike vrabel retired from the nfl and went to coach ohio state d-line the next year. A few years later the guy is now going to be the hc for the titans. Look at jeremy pruitt. This shît happens a lot in these days and times.

And you just named 2 guys that coached under National Championship coaches guidance, lol. Also guys that had other vets around them to help carry them. Not guys that were hired to coach on the same side of the ball with other newbies.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If indeed this is the hire, then obviously I will root for the guy. I'm just hoping it isn't the hire for reasons I've clearly started.

And you just named 2 guys that coached under National Championship coaches guidance, lol. Also guys that had other vets around them to help carry them. Not guys that were hired to coach on the same side of the ball with other newbies.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If indeed this is the hire, then obviously I will root for the guy. I'm just hoping it isn't the hire for reasons I've clearly started.
If you can coach you can coach. You might want to do some research because as i said it is more guys than just the ones i named.

I don’t think this is a bad hire at all

Risking a 10th coach spot on someone w zero experience was a bad bad bad idea

Advertisement
Man.... richt please don’t fvck up this hire. Give me brick Haley or Tracy rocker.... something man. Need someone who can relate to the kids

Advertisement
rocker isnt coming. He just was hired by tennessee and is making 500k. Haley is making 400k+. Its probably not going to be a flashy hire but it don't mean the man can't do the job.
Kool made more than both of them

Advertisement
The longer it takes til we get a hire the more the feeling creeps up that this hire will be underwhelming.

The longer it takes til we get a hire the more the feeling creeps up that this hire will be underwhelming.
Or that Richt was telling the truth about there being a lot of interest in the job. If that's the case, expect the process to take a little longer, like it is.

Advertisement
Back