2023 DL Anthony James

ZeroBeachCane3

Senior
Premium

E2C66C3A-27A8-419B-90D1-6D0A589AC1A4.jpeg

Advertisement
Would be a massive addition we need so much help on the dline particularly DT. I wonder why we’re not pushing for Jamaal Jarret out of North Carolina more.

Would be a massive addition we need so much help on the dline particularly DT. I wonder why we’re not pushing for Jamaal Jarret out of North Carolina more.

I wouldn't be concerned with why they aren't pushing for someone, like Jarrett or whomever.

They could be, they can't say for one. Secondly, they will pursue recruits they get positive feedback from.

I have absolutely no clue what either sides interest is, but if they think whomever can play and their interest is reciprocated by that recruit, they'll recruit them.

Sometimes recruits just aren't interested so they move on. Sometimes fans are more enamored with a recruit than they are. What their big board is, we won't know.

We have a ton of experience on this staff. It's not amateur hour like precious staffs. They know when to push and when to move on.

Advertisement
Got **** that footwork clip is ridiculous.

Anyway, SOMEONE is going to take advantage of the numbers that they took on the DL last cycle..might as well be us.
Also, what a great weekend for him to go. MDW in SoFla for a kid from Wylie, TX will be like something he has never seen lol.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be concerned with why they aren't pushing for someone, like Jarrett or whomever.

They could be, they can't say for one. Secondly, they will pursue recruits they get positive feedback from.

I have absolutely no clue what either sides interest is, but if they think whomever can play and their interest is reciprocated by that recruit, they'll recruit them.

Sometimes recruits just aren't interested so they move on. Sometimes fans are more enamored with a recruit than they are. What their big board is, we won't know.

We have a ton of experience on this staff. It's not amateur hour like precious staffs. They know when to push and when to move on.

I get it. And I know names have just popped out of nowhere with this staff saying we blow them up. I was just moreso just naming a position of need with a big body.

Got **** that footwork clip is ridiculous.

Anyway, SOMEONE is going to take advantage of the numbers that they took on the DL last cycle..might as well be us.
Can’t wait for this to blow up in Jumbo’s face: he won’t be able to snag many high-caliber d-linemen after last cycle, and yet at least 2 (probably more) will hit the portal after riding the pine in 2022.

Advertisement
Glad you started a thread on this kid. His tweet is telling, pretty much sounds like us or staying home for TAM. Looks like a guy with a ton of potential and room to grow. Could stay at DE or move inside. Stay on him!

Advertisement
Ya, if you aren’t a top 50 type player on the d line you probably shouldn’t expect to sniff playing time till year 3 at ATM at this time. That may be fine for some guys, and probably should be for a lot of trench positions since so much needs to go into physical development, but I can’t see 4 star type guys being ok with that.

Can’t wait for this to blow up in Jumbo’s face: he won’t be able to snag many high-caliber d-linemen after last cycle, and yet at least 2 (probably more) will hit the portal after riding the pine in 2022.
Yes he will. Money talks and most kids want to stay home and play close to family and friends. He’ll always get his. He just won’t get ALL of them to your point.

Advertisement
Yes he will. Money talks and most kids want to stay home and play sit on the bench close to family and friends. He’ll always get his. He just won’t get ALL of them to your point.
FIFO since they have way too many DL

Yes he will. Money talks and most kids want to stay home and play close to family and friends. He’ll always get his. He just won’t get ALL of them to your point.
Money talks but not every kid is dumb. You can make 250k and sit on the bench or go somewhere and prove yourself and get drafted. Many kids are reasoning these decisions. Once the negative sides of taking the money but putting themselves in bad football situations that blight their future, once those play out players are gonna have a rethink. The goal is still gonna be the NFL long term

Gaby article:

-Wylie (Texas) East Top247 defensive lineman Anthony James, a Texas A&M commit, hasn’t taken many visits this spring. In fact, the only other schools the Aggie pledge has seen in person in 2022 are SMU and Miami.

After taking in the spring game on Saturday in Fort Lauderdale, James made his way down to Coral Gables and spent time on campus Sunday. That led to 247Sports’ No. 8 defensive lineman setting up an official visit with the Hurricanes in May for Memorial Day weekend.

“It was nice.You can tell up front they’re still really young. That comes with work and all that, but they play fast,” James told InsideTheU following the spring game.

Miami has been one of the programs doing the best job recruiting the 6-foot-5, 245-pounder despite his commitment to the in-state program who just signed the best class in 247Sports history.

“They’ve done a great job,” James said. “I’m impressed with the short time they’ve been here what they’ve built. They talk about all the great things they built down here. I wanted to see it all for myself.”

Following the school visit on Sunday, James made it known that he liked what he saw.

“Beautiful, small campus and people were friendly,” James said in a message on Easter Sunday.

Advertisement
Back