DJ Williams offered by MIA

If you think this is the best version of DJ Dallas you probably thought Anthony Chickillo was utilized correctly.

That comparison may be a bit extreme. But DJ Dallas is a natural/elite football player. He's going to look good wherever they put him, but he would look better at a more natural weight, playing a third down RB role or in the slot. Reminds me of Steve Slaton when he was at WVU, he had elite burst until they bulked him. He was still good, but never the same.

Nah I disagree...The kid is carrying 215-220 easy. Doesn't remind me of Steve Slaton at all before or after at all. IMO DJ Dallas can be an NFL RB and every down back at 215-220. Needs to finish runs a little better and stop fumbling.

Advertisement
How is Thomas Brown still employed by Miami? He's completely blown it recruiting the deepest position in the state year in and year out.

His first class he lost McFarland and held onto Burns (who sat out his entire senior season) a guy we should not expect to ever compete here at Miami. DJ Dallas had to put on 25 pounds and play running back which has stunted his growth and severely hurt his chances at an NFL career.

Last season he steps up and signs Lingard and Davis. I thought ok Thomas Brown is earning his paycheck. Davis was born a cane so Thomas Brown didn't have to do much. Lingard was a massive pull, he clearly favored FSU but we managed to get him committed when they had Cook, and he stayed committed afterward.

This season, he's back to his lazy ways. Lost Crowley, lost out on Mcintosh, is fading for Richards, didn't want Wright and now this Williams cat is upset because Brown never showed him love until other schools did their evaluations.

I don't want to hear how we are "fine" at RB. We shouldn't ever be "fine" at Miami. We should be STACKED at Miami. We should be signing a 5 star back every year. Thomas Brown is being paid and promoted like a guy who signs 5-star backs every year.

Earn your ******* paycheck and convince one of these 2019 kids you can get him to the NFL.

Considering Brown is being paid as an OC, I can't disagree with the bolded.

Do clowns land lingard and Camron Davis two top 10 running backs in the same class? Asking for another clown, he’s consistently been our best offensive coach the last 3 years even over dugans(who imo hasn’t done that well this year at least)

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Payton's the real deal, and unlike Brown's blue chip recruit that went elsewhere, Payton looks like he's locked in. Miami's also trending for Haselwood as well. If he somehow lands both of those guys in the same class, it's an elite haul recruiting-wise.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Payton's the real deal, and unlike Brown's blue chip recruit that went elsewhere, Payton looks like he's locked in. Miami's also trending for Haselwood as well. If he somehow lands both of those guys in the same class, it's an elite haul recruiting-wise.
Wasn’t really talking about his recruiting, I’m referring to his coaching job on the field this year. He has a young group but still, I’m still high on dugans but imo in terms of coaching Brown is the best one on offense

Advertisement
Wasn’t really talking about his recruiting, I’m referring to his coaching job on the field this year. He has a young group but still, I’m still high on dugans but imo in terms of coaching Brown is the best one on offense
Too young to judge. Cager isn’t really his guy.

Too young to judge. Cager isn’t really his guy.
Cager is just so disappointing to me. Needs his snaps limited. He really be ending so many drives whether it be his blocking or very suspect hands

Last edited:
Cager is just so disappointing to me. Needs his snaps limited. He really be ending so many drives whether it be his blocking or very suspect hands
This is my take: Our top two WR should be Hightower and Thomas. After that, Cager could split snaps with Wiggins, while Pope and Harley split snaps behind Thomas.

Last edited:
The fact Cager plays over Hightower is the biggest joke to me. That clown needs to get his *** out of Miami because I can't stand that wanna be pretending like he's a playmaker. If anything he's the achillies heel in our offense and if I were Hightower I'd be more ****ed Cager plays over me than Wiggins. At least Wiggins puts in the effort.

Advertisement
The fact Cager plays over Hightower is the biggest joke to me. That clown needs to get his *** out of Miami because I can't stand that wanna be pretending like he's a playmaker. If anything he's the achillies heel in our offense and if I were Hightower I'd be more ****ed Cager plays over me than Wiggins. At least Wiggins puts in the effort.
You do know Hightower is injured right

I expect Hightower’s snaps to slowly increase these last 2/3 games. He’s not injured anymore, but he’s still coming back from it and there’s no reason to rush a freshman receiver back onto the field during a 5-5 season.

Play it safe, make sure he’s ready. Playing the long game at this point.

Advertisement

Homer still has zero vision and just sees hole hits hole. Then chooses to run into the chest of the first defender he sees.

DJ got fat with a gut that Brown allowed to happen which has killed his fast quick twitch ability. And apparently has made it hard to keep the ball up close and tight to his body causing crazy fumbles this year.

Finding zero touches for your stud alpha RB in lingawww

Cam showing crazy good promise because he still prbly has his high school coaching and just balls out first chance he gets

Deejay getting big was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Let them get big at the NFL level. We've seen this time and time again with Duke, Yearby, now Deejay has gotten too big and he's lost whatever he had last year.

Advertisement
Back