DJ Scaife Jr Plays Against North Carolina

He's tough, has nice feet and plays mean; []__[] need 5 guys like him. Next season we'll be much better and may have an impact fresher as well.

Advertisement
I agree. The staff seems ****-bent on certain positions but the films don't lie

Its very fustrating. Hes very easily beat by speed off the edge. If FSU puts burns on that side, he could have a field day against donaldson. Coaches seem to recognize and adjust with everything on this team besides this. I dont think donaldson has had a single rep in game or practice at guard. Which means he probably wont be moving anytime soon

I concur with everyone’s thoughts on moving Scaife in at LT, moving St. Louis to RT, and sliding Donaldson to RG where he belongs. FSU may be down this season again, but they still have 4* and 5* players on their DL, and this is of course our main rivalry game. So I want the best OL combination we can possibly have so we can pound and pound on their DL throughout the 1st half Saturday so we can wear them down. If we start this OL, and do the strategy of pounding the rock and play action passing off of it, I think we can wear the crap out of their DL down to such that there will be huge holes come the 4th quarter.

Does everything you want to see there. Always looking for work, getting to the second level. Looked like he got beat on one play that actually ended up going for a big gain but there’s a lot to like about this kid. Gonna be hard to find reasons to keep him off of the field.

My thoughts exactly.

Advertisement
Right, so which begs the question...if St Louis to RT is a natural move after Scaife slides in to the LT spot, why hasn't he gotten some reps at RT? Anyway, definitely something to keep an eye on as the year unfolds.

They’re doing it in game, essentially, why not?

That was 11 plays (we only ran about 45), not a bad sample against a confernce foe. And yes he had a play or two that wasn't highlight.

I think he looks like he's ready - good foot work pass blocking, vicious down blocks, love how he chipped and got into the 2nd level helping spring the long run - most inexperienced linemen are focused on good contact on the chip and don't look as smooth moving to the next level, but he actually got an effective enough block on that.

Bet we see more of him this week. And that would be good news.

Advertisement
That was 11 plays (we only ran about 45), not a bad sample against a confernce foe. And yes he had a play or two that wasn't highlight.

I think he looks like he's ready - good foot work pass blocking, vicious down blocks, love how he chipped and got into the 2nd level helping spring the long run - most inexperienced linemen are focused on good contact on the chip and don't look as smooth moving to the next level, but he actually got an effective enough block on that.

Bet we see more of him this week. And that would be good news.

The development of Boulware and Scaife may just be the second biggest offensive boon of the year. If the consensus on the board plays out (Scaife, Boulware, Gauthier, Donaldson, St. Louis), our PPG will go down, but we'll win the TOP battle every single game sans GT. There aren't too many offenses out there that will be able to find a rhythm against our D for more than 1-1.5 quarters.

With all the changes that have been happening, I am finally confident enough in the coaching staff to say this is a matter of "when," not "if."

Advertisement
Back