2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

Advertisement
The same manny that played jarren against fiu after supposedly breaking team rules?
Bruh I was rewatching the UF Miami highlights with enos. Bruh our DTs were lazy slow our linebackers were slow it was so bad in terms of talent. Lazy and giving up it was trash bruh. Talent was ****** for to long. Manny had destroyed anything good (very little in terms of roster) that MR did.

Bruh I was rewatching the UF Miami highlights with enos. Bruh our DTs were lazy slow our linebackers were slow it was so bad in terms of talent. Lazy and giving up it was trash bruh. Talent was ****** for to long. Manny had destroyed anything good (very little in terms of roster) that MR did.
And in spite of all that the worst part was we barely played Rousseau in that game. Most of his reps went to Patchan 🤦.

And in spite of all that the worst part was we barely played Rousseau in that game. Most of his reps went to Patchan 🤦.
What a goofy bruh, that tells u right there he doesnt know better talent even in practices. Was so mad the day he got hired I screamed and yelled at my brother on the phone that I hated this administration and they needed to be punched in the face. It was actually worse with what i said

Advertisement

TrumpyCane has a theory that if you're a HC and your side of the ball, that you're known for, is *** cheeks that you will be ****

Al Golden - DC by trade, horrific defenses at Miami
Mark Richt - OC/QB by trade, *** cheeks offense, horrific QB recruiting
Manny Diaz - DC/LB by trade *** cheeks defense as HC and horrific LB recruiting

TrumpyCane has a theory that if you're a HC and your side of the ball, that you're known for, is *** cheeks that you will be ****

Especially if the specific position u recruit and the evals are super cheeks, if u can at least see what they were recruiting or prioritizing. Like if u like small linebackers but they are slow asf and react slow then you are bad at it all. I could understand if they are small but super fast and thats a steady trait (pause). But when they are awful beyond awful then u are hard headed and your whole tenure wont work out.

The real Canes fans remember Golden an his crew in that recruiting video on youtube where the safety that ran a 4.8, 5 flat 40 and they all checked off on it and there was one coach or staff member from back in the day in the room that was going against them lol pretty sure even that kid didn't want to come to UM smh! I hope we have a very big year for the sake of our future MC recruiting his *** off one good year with this next class could take us places we tryna go!

Advertisement
What a goofy bruh, that tells u right there he doesnt know better talent even in practices. Was so mad the day he got hired I screamed and yelled at my brother on the phone that I hated this administration and they needed to be punched in the face. It was actually worse with what i said
Oh my god I forgot he started patchan over Greg. The same Greg who had four sacks in a game
There are probably 100s to 1000s of post defending this decision.. Was called a mope whenever this was bought up :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Thank you for stopping at Golden

Advertisement
This is ego but more of they dont know how to evaluate, to make it that far and not know wtf you are looking at is insane. HB looks at a prospect the way anyone thats sane should
Shows they should have never been here didn't belong! Whoever hired them is to blame. How did it get that bad! Lol jfc that's some Appalachian State level stuff an no disrespect to them they've had some **** good teams an better coaches than anyone in that room. What's crazy is so many people your right about the ego I'm sure we had plenty fans say well Ed Reed was a 2 star!!! ***** depressing to talk about. Lfg Pickett! Apologies bringing that to the board but its aa good reminder to see where you been and where MC tryna go!!

Advertisement
In this years draft Jalyx Hunt was a guy that moved from Safety to EDGE in college. Spent 3 years at safety, then his final 2 as starting DE. Was the same weight as James Williams when he was playing Safety. Then put on like 10+ lbs as playing weight, then another like 10 for the combine which is where teams will want him at min... He's a little more explosive than JW too. Vert jump I wouldn't be too concerned about though JW getting only 30" is weird, would have thought he would have done better. But for EDGE 3cone, Broad jump, and length are key. And JW got the length, and the broad jump is solid. idk about the 3cone and whether he'd be able to bend well with another 10-20lbs of weight, but I can see how this would work. @Brooklyndee Was he ever asked to move to EDGE by this staff, or was that always a conversation about LB? I can see how this would have worked better for him, cause as rellyrell says, he kinda was in too undefined of a hybrid lb/s...
View attachment 288130

and to compare him to a former Cane S transitioned to EDGE in HS.... Only thing is Rousseau was waaay too tall to stay at Safety, whereas JW was just inside that range. Had he been 1 full inch taller he probably would have been forced to move to EDGE before he even finished HS....

View attachment 288132
I told James he would be a DE his soph/or junior year cant remember and he walked away from me so fast lol.

The physicality has to be there for that. It isnt just looking at well this guy was this height and that weight and saqying it would trnsfer.

James also wouldnt be playing at Joel Olsteen University or whatever school Hunt played at....he wouldnt start at EDGE at Univ of Miami.

He played the position that he played the longest and was solid there for college...the one position move that MAYYYYY could have happened was as a sam backer but even that was iffy imo.

He just basically needed better testing numbers and he wouldve been int he mid round range.

Hes a tweener that isnt that sudden or physical..but he has football iq and likely can match up with te's and can likely m ake a squad off of special teams as he puts effort and go from there.

Happy for the kid coming from where he come from and his personal situation and knowing him since he was a 9th grader.

Advertisement
Back