2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

It's really not that big of a deal, you just let your Fandom of JW blind your judgment, it happens to everyone myself included.

As far as JoJo is concerned, maybe you misunderstood me, but I'm not even about to rehash it. The point is, some yall were penciling him in as a day 1 starter & I simply tried to point out that's more than likely not going to happen...

So all I'll say to that is, if you feel like you were right, then you were. Congratulations.
Smith was a day 1 starter not Jojo IMO

Advertisement
It's really not that big of a deal, you just let your Fandom of JW blind your judgment, it happens to everyone myself included.

As far as JoJo is concerned, maybe you misunderstood me, but I'm not even about to rehash it. The point is, some yall were penciling him in as a day 1 starter & I simply tried to point out that's more than likely not going to happen...

So all I'll say to that is, if you feel like you were right, then you were. Congratulations.
Oh nah 🐐. I never stated that he would be a Day one starter. I knew he had to earn that & get in the weight room

Wait til the season… and have a truce regardless. It’s not that serious and you both contribute here which is appreciated.
ABSOLUTELY! I love @Memnon contributions/knowledge that he brings to the board. I hold him to the same standard as Cribby when it comes to knowledge brought to the board. I never had any beef with him or any like that. When I said “truce”, I was just being funny. It was never an isssue with him & I definitely respect him & his opinions

Hey @Memnon. Let’s not even mention my fandom of LT56! Man was I wrong about his draft stock🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
ABSOLUTELY! I love @Memnon contributions/knowledge that he brings to the board. I hold him to the same standard as Cribby when it comes to knowledge brought to the board. I never had any beef with him or any like that. When I said “truce”, I was just being funny. It was never an isssue with him & I definitely respect him & his opinions
IMG_0237.gif

Yeah I think buddy is referring to the Kearse that went to Clemson
Maybe, maybe not. Javon played safety at North Ft. Myers before moving to LB at U in F then DE in the NFL. He actually had the same frame as James Williams coming out of HS. College weight program and genetics saw him grow quickly at U in F

Hey @Memnon. Let’s not even mention my fandom of LT56! Man was I wrong about his draft stock🤦🏾‍♂️
Unless you had knowledge about off-field problems/character/lack of work ethic, it’s pretty tough to say you were wrong. You just didn’t have the information. There is a reason the nfl investigates all their prospects so heavily. The talent was there. The production was not consistent but it was also there last year. We all expected further improvement and for him to take that next step. That didn’t happen but wasn’t reallly due to a lack of talent/ability.

Advertisement
Unless you had knowledge about off-field problems/character/lack of work ethic, it’s pretty tough to say you were wrong. You just didn’t have the information. There is a reason the nfl investigates all their prospects so heavily. The talent was there. The production was not consistent but it was also there last year. We all expected further improvement and for him to take that next step. That didn’t happen but wasn’t reallly due to a lack of talent/ability.
Yeah it has to be something for him to go undrafted. I kan see slipping in the rankings but UNDRAFTED🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
It’s because the film was studied and he wasn’t that great that’s why. Let’s not try to figure it out, he was what he was. And work ethic on film probably taking plays off. Scouts were like nope
Not true! He’s talented as all outdoors. He had good film, a great first step, & he’s a lethal pass rusher from the 3 Tech. He also played the nose last year which is out of position for him. He’s a get up field type of DT & they played him out of position. Now his work ethic may not have been there like alot of ppl say & yes he took plays off but to say he was not good maybe going a lil to far (BIG PAUSE) NO DIDDY

Is it fair to say hes not as good as that 5 star ranking then?

Bain played like a 5 star ranking. I agree he was out of position I agree he has a great first step (pause) but I always questioned his physicality. I never want a DT thats not physical but thats just me, but for a 5 star he never took over.........he wasn't FYZIKAL

Is it fair to say hes not as good as that 5 star ranking then?

Bain played like a 5 star ranking. I agree he was out of position I agree he has a great first step (pause) but I always questioned his physicality. I never want a DT thats not physical but thats just me, but for a 5 star he never took over.........he wasn't FYZIKAL
I wasn’t following recruiting much during that season but I definitely remember people (gogeta might have been one) that had big questions about Taylor coming in. Rankings were kind of an asterisk that year since there weren’t the camps and whatnot due to covid

But I definitely remember people saying he wasn’t a can’t miss prospect type where Bain on the other hand everyone that saw him raved

Advertisement
I wasn’t following recruiting much during that season but I definitely remember people (gogeta might have been one) that had big questions about Taylor coming in. Rankings were kind of an asterisk that year since there weren’t the camps and whatnot due to covid

But I definitely remember people saying he wasn’t a can’t miss prospect type where Bain on the other hand everyone that saw him raved
Facts

I think more casuals thought the dude would be some Phenom for us. Although he wasnt a bigger bust than Forston imo. I still take him cause hes a local sfla beast PAUSE, but my issue (im not an expert like other posters) was why was it only UF (trash evaluator school at the time) was the only one putting the full court press. I know people say covid but that didn't stop UGA or Bama putting the full court press on others during that Covid time. Im not saying any poster is using that as an excuse but thats always a thing for me, who is putting the full court press and at the time who are the best evaluator schools. Right now I would say UGA OSU (especially on the DL) and I think we are creeping into that territory along with Oregon.

Edit: forgot Texas
and I dont trust Bama under the new regime, its not Saban anymore so we will see where that goes

Last edited:
Facts

I think more casuals thought the dude would be some Phenom for us. Although he wasnt a bigger bust than Forston imo. I still take him cause hes a local sfla beast PAUSE, but my issue (im not an expert like other posters) was why was it only UF (trash evaluator school at the time) was the only one putting the full court press. I know people say covid but that didn't stop UGA or Bama putting the full court press on others during that Covid time. Im not saying any poster is using that as an excuse but thats always a thing for me, who is putting the full court press and at the time who are the best evaluator schools. Right now I would say UGA OSU (especially on the DL) and I think we are creeping into that territory along with Oregon.
He definitely could impact a game when he wanted to. Just seems like he didn’t want to very often

Manny gets a lot of **** (for good reason) but remember people trashing Diaz because Taylor was sitting the bench as a freshman and he was *****ing? People were scared he was going to transfer

We blamed it on Diaz but it was all there from the beginning

He definitely could impact a game when he wanted to. Just seems like he didn’t want to very often

Manny gets a lot of **** (for good reason) but remember people trashing Diaz because Taylor was sitting the bench as a freshman and he was *****ing? People were scared he was going to transfer

We blamed it on Diaz but it was all there from the beginning
Weird asf that Manny put his foot down, hes usually charmin soft

Advertisement
Back