2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

Advertisement
Out of those guys their athleticism rank would be: Woolen > Kevin King > Witherspoon > Joey Porter Jr > Nnamdi > Sherman > Sean Smith > Browner
Idk where Pickett would fall in there in terms of athleticism, but one thing I do know is I don't trust 6'4" as being his actual height...
I think King is a perfect comparison athleticism wise, only difference is Pickett has legit hands. He is a playmaker who could get 7/8 INTs a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure that's a high bar to hurdle. :ROFLMAO:

but the other stuff? you're correct, and the difference is clear.

JW should have been an OLB from the jump. DJP could be, but not sure he has to. Safety is very much in his future.
It was the hips. JW didn’t have it.

JW became committed to being an LB last offseason, he transformed his body. Only problem is our safety depth was trash, & once KK had that scary injury vs A&M that was when it became clear they needed JW at safety. I think if Guidry loved the depth are deemed another DB capable of doing the job better he would’ve been starting instead of Wes…

1000006138.png
I am not 💯 this is everyone. But the list looks legit. More than I thought, but still unicorns at that height.

Agreed Peterson the best to me too. That’s the the group Pickett is in though. As a prospect he’s a Travis Hunter/Ellis Robinson/Surtain Jr level talent. Elite length (pause), ball skills, range.
He is a very very good prospect. Travis Hunter was more of a unicorn prospect ATH who I think is an even better WR than CB but that’s debatable. Peterson was a different breed. Surtain was college ready size wise coming out of high school. Antrel Rolle was another one like that!

Tariq Woolen is a good comparison for this kid!^^ Hopefully the family connection helps us out here. We’ve missed on so many of these types of CBs in recent memory…

He is a very very good prospect. Travis Hunter was more of a unicorn prospect ATH who I think is an even better WR than CB but that’s debatable. Peterson was a different breed. Surtain was college ready size wise coming out of high school. Antrel Rolle was another one like that!

Tariq Woolen is a good comparison for this kid!^^ Hopefully the family connection helps us out here. We’ve missed on so many of these types of CBs in recent memory…
Unless I'm not understanding, the main guy he had the relationship with at Michigan is now in LA with Harbaugh. So, while there will always be the family connection with Michigan, I'm guessing they have some ground to catch back up with a new coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Back