DJ Johnson

FrankSmokesDank

Formerly the Tank
Seen him on the sideline after Bandy’s pick 6 & the dude is a man child. Hopefully the next 2 weeks he gets some serious burn so we can unleash him against Clemson. Once he gets more reps and Coach Kool feels more comfortable, there is no doubt he will have a more serious role in the rotation. He is our ace in the hole on defense imo kind of like how DeeJay was our ace in th hole on offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Played in the 4th quarter.Has speed but still hasnt learned to use his hands to get around defenders like Garvin.Was getting pushed away from the ND qb too often.Doesnt have real long arms. But he has talent and will become a factor next year for sure. He is fast enough to be a hybrid LB in the Pros.

He wasn't an EE like Garvin, DJ Johnson is just as much of a freak but Garvin has had more time to get comfortable to the college game. I would actually like to see him on kickoff knocking heads, he's fast enough.

He wasn't an EE like Garvin, DJ Johnson is just as much of a freak but Garvin has had more time to get comfortable to the college game. I would actually like to see him on kickoff knocking heads, he's fast enough.

DJ is not on Garvin's level...EE or not. Give him time. He needs a lot of work.

Advertisement
Once he learns how to use his hands he will be big time. Much higher celling than chad.

Redshirt? Lolol. Cmon man. Do u even follow along at all?

Of course DJ is not RSing....but he could have.

RS will soon become common in our program. WE WANT THAT. As we stockpile quality State Of Miami talent, there will not be a need for most freshman to play. WE WANT THAT! Only the most elite will play early and not RS. Some Posters will be butt hurt next year because their favorite freshman are not playing a lot. THAT IS A GOOD THING. That means the vets said, "you cant have my job, freshman." In fact, I am pleased that Delaney is not starting. Not because I do not like him, but because it means program players have stepped up. WE WANT THAT.

To be honest, I only expect a few 2018 recruits to make an impact in 2018. Pope, Scaife (Possible Day 1 Starter) and Nesta are a few of them. If Walton comes back, Lingard and Davis are looking at Special Teams roles or RS. WE WANT THAT!

DJ is not on Garvin's level...EE or not. Give him time. He needs a lot of work.

Garvin got here and was taught by the master (Coach Kool) from January to August. DJ just got here in June-July.

Give him time

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re pretty much wrong. It’s not at UM, its everywhere in college. Long gone are the days when most freshmen redshirt. A lot of elite kids want to play early. This isn’t going to be the 80’s where kids redshirt and make an impact their 4th and 5th year. You will only have elite kids 3 years so you might as well play them early.

A lot of the dbs are gonna play early. Nesta will out of necessity but dt isn’t a position where kids can usually jump in and play. Same with offensive line so I’ll disagree on scaife.

You need to play kids for experience and the losses you will have in the future. Even if Walton came back, lingard would play a lot b/c we’d lose Walton and what if homer leaves or we have an injury. Lingard is getting a lot of pt next year, b/c Walton probably isn’t coming back and what if homer is ready to leave?

We aren’t ready to start redshirting most of an entire class, and college football has changed to where that rarely happens even at bama and osu. Oline and d tackle are the positions you’d like to redshirt, and qb. Most other positions certain kids are ready and able to step in and contribute.

I saw him in there late in the game chasing down a running play that was going away from him. **** man he is fast.

RS will soon become common in our program. WE WANT THAT. As we stockpile quality State Of Miami talent, there will not be a need for most freshman to play. WE WANT THAT! Only the most elite will play early and not RS. Some Posters will be butt hurt next year because their favorite freshman are not playing a lot. THAT IS A GOOD THING. That means the vets said, "you cant have my job, freshman." In fact, I am pleased that Delaney is not starting. Not because I do not like him, but because it means program players have stepped up. WE WANT THAT.

To be honest, I only expect a few 2018 recruits to make an impact in 2018. Pope, Scaife (Possible Day 1 Starter) and Nesta are a few of them. If Walton comes back, Lingard and Davis are looking at Special Teams roles or RS. WE WANT THAT!

Richt doesnt do a lot of redshirting.

Advertisement
We lose berrios and a next year a healthy Richards most likely along with Langham and Harris. Richt probably wants to rotate about 6 so we’ll probably play more than just pope. Hightower will probably play and the other will probably redshirt.

no, just no.

No we don't. Other than some OL and of course guys that are hurt, you shouldn't redshirt kids these days. Let them compete from the start. If they are ready for the NFL after year 3, that's great.

Advertisement
Back