DJ Johnson

Hoosiercane3

Freshman
Has he been getting any burn? Don't recall seeing him on field at all.

Update - espn stats says did not play any game except fsu and in fsu he had 1 tackle.

Hope kid likes it in Miami and continues to bust his ***

Last edited:
Advertisement
Garvin getting much more burn. Know it's controversial but idgaf. Johnson is too heavy for DE. He's 10 lbs away from being an excellent DT next year. Will probably happen given our depth at DE.

Those guys going to have to,wait their turn

Garvin is ahead because he was here 6 months before DJ

Advertisement
Garvin getting much more burn. Know it's controversial but idgaf. Johnson is too heavy for DE. He's 10 lbs away from being an excellent DT next year. Will probably happen given our depth at DE.

Everyone talking about our depth at DT, but DE is going to be thin. I dont see Mcintosh or Norton leaving. There not going to be first rounders, might as well stay a year and improve there stock. So Dt next year will be Mcintosh, Norton, Bethel, Willis, Ford, Silvera, Briggs (most likely), Martin (nothing yet but Kool was high on him, and Fines.

Meanwhile DEs are going to be Joe and Demetrius, Garvin, DJ, and .... does Patchan move back to DE? Cant count on him to stay healthy.

He didn't play against FSU unless I totally missed him (possible, of course).

He's playing on a stacked line and arrived late. Did we expect him to be getting meaningful snaps already? Miami will know they're back to being Miami when kids like this come here knowing they aren't going to be playing for a while unless they absolutely kill it in practice every day.

Johnson will find a niche as a strongside DE and interior pass rusher. I think Johnson fits the mold of the new NFL as a hybrid defender with insane athleticism.

Unless he's gained 60 lbs since weighing in the spring, I don't believe he's too heavy to play end. He was a summer arrival, so he's behind Garvin in picking up the system, and we have lots of talented players in front of him. He's a stud, and his time will come, it's just not here yet.

Advertisement

Garvin getting more PT is not an indictment on DJ. Garvin's a talented kid in his own right who got to campus early and got a headstart.

Everyone talking about our depth at DT, but DE is going to be thin. I dont see Mcintosh or Norton leaving. There not going to be first rounders, might as well stay a year and improve there stock. So Dt next year will be Mcintosh, Norton, Bethel, Willis, Ford, Silvera, Briggs (most likely), Martin (nothing yet but Kool was high on him, and Fines.

Meanwhile DEs are going to be Joe and Demetrius, Garvin, DJ, and .... does Patchan move back to DE? Cant count on him to stay healthy.

I agree. We lose Chad and Harris after this year and all of a sudden DE isn't that deep.

We really need to add more talent at both DE and DT in the '18 class. I think we should bring in at least 5 DL in this class and we've only got 2 committed thus far.

Last edited:

If both guys aren't first rounders after last year and the years they're both having now, then there's nothing short of a miracle that will make them 1st rounders after their senior years. Might as well start getting paid and working towards the bigger payday on the second contract.

He didn't play against FSU unless I totally missed him (possible, of course).

He's playing on a stacked line and arrived late. Did we expect him to be getting meaningful snaps already? Miami will know they're back to being Miami when kids like this come here knowing they aren't going to be playing for a while unless they absolutely kill it in practice every day.

Johnson will find a niche as a strongside DE and interior pass rusher. I think Johnson fits the mold of the new NFL as a hybrid defender with insane athleticism.

I agree that he's a 3-4 DE in the NFL all day. I just think in the scheme we run (attacking 4-3) he will be the heir to RJ as a pass rushing DT. He's probably 270-275 now. DE next year will be fine with Joe Jackon, DJack, Garvin, Patchan, Rousseau. To play DE I'd like to see him drop 15 lbs and be at 255-260 max

if you watch the skycam version of the game, they record most of each post-play celebration. DJ was as excited as anyone, for whatever that's worth.

Advertisement
Will be cemented in rotation at Chad's spot next season behind D JACK.

Has played some here and there....That group of he , Ford, Garvin will be legit.

Like Nesta in this years group as well

Garvin played 2 plays vs fsu

Advertisement
OP is a well known anti-Cane **** stirring facquit. He likes to throw subtle shots like "I hope he likes it here" to infer DJ might want to transfer because he's not playing enough. Go tip some cows, Hoosier facquit.

I just liked his attitude during the FSU game. He was pumping the team up even tho he wasn't getting that much playing time.

Franchise u have 30,000 posts? Lol sounds like you got tons of time on your hands. I remember trying to act hard in middle school to be popular too.

Also, Pete alluded many times last year he thinks they will try to get him burn because long distance kids who don't often get home sick and transfer...which makes total sense.

Advertisement
Back