DJ Johnson

Day one impact player. Playmaker. Line him up at kicker and he will make plays.

I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'd like him to shirt. He has great burst unbelievable upside. But I think DJ needs a full year of S&C. Besides, we have Harris, Jackson, Thomas, D Jax, Bethel, Patchan, Willis taking DE snaps. And Garvin as an EE. Let's get 3 solid years out of him and use him in 2018 when we'll need him.

p.s., Kool is best coach in the country for DJ to make the type of money he wants to retire his parents in style.

Although I agree with you with wanting to shirt him I think he'll play some he has too much natural rushing ability that's going get him by. I see Garvin getting RS.

Advertisement
As big and fast as this kid is, he's only going to get bigger and faster. Plus he got that dogg in him. We trending all the way up! (Just an Old Guy trying to be cool :)

I don't see him getting pt next year. We are stacked at de and if patchan can stay healthy it's going to be scary the depth we have at DE

Advertisement
I don't see him getting pt next year. We are stacked at de and if patchan can stay healthy it's going to be scary the depth we have at DE
Bethel got pt this year and he's more physically gifted than any dend on our roster not named joe Jackson imo

Advertisement

DJ will for sure play. No question about it. I can see him taking DJax spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'd like him to shirt. He has great burst unbelievable upside. But I think DJ needs a full year of S&C. Besides, we have Harris, Jackson, Thomas, D Jax, Bethel, Patchan, Willis taking DE snaps. And Garvin as an EE. Let's get 3 solid years out of him and use him in 2018 when we'll need him.

p.s., Kool is best coach in the country for DJ to make the type of money he wants to retire his parents in style.

I would like DJ to redshirt to work on strength and speed. He looks a little slight and he could use the time to work on that before he takes the field. That said, whether he's a RSFR or a true Soph, he will be in the mix as a starter the year after next

Advertisement
Redshirt or not, if he's good enough he's gone after 3 years. Jr or RS sophomore so what's the difference?

Lu or D-Money

How does his stature/profile match up with Leonard Williams coming out of high school?

Advertisement

DJ will for sure play. No question about it. I can see him taking DJax spot.

A healthy DJax should get 10+ sacks next year IMO...if DJ is better than that next year God bless him.

Redshirting is useless these days. Play everyone as soon as you think they can help. If they're good they're not staying for 5 years.

**** these days we even have guys leaving as RS Sophomores. So play them. If he makes one play as a true freshmans that helps you win a game then you're ahead.

Redshirting is useless these days. Play everyone as soon as you think they can help. If they're good they're not staying for 5 years.

**** these days we even have guys leaving as RS Sophomores. So play them. If he makes one play as a true freshmans that helps you win a game then you're ahead.

Yep, all of this.
I don't get the redshirt fetish with folks these days.
Times have changed.

Yep, all of this.
I don't get the redshirt fetish with folks these days.
Times have changed.

Only position I see a red shirt we I got useful for is QB, even then though, the good ones don't stay 4 years after that.

Advertisement
Back