DJ Johnson

Advertisement
Day one impact player. Playmaker. Line him up at kicker and he will make plays.

I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'd like him to shirt. He has great burst unbelievable upside. But I think DJ needs a full year of S&C. Besides, we have Harris, Jackson, Thomas, D Jax, Bethel, Patchan, Willis taking DE snaps. And Garvin as an EE. Let's get 3 solid years out of him and use him in 2018 when we'll need him.

p.s., Kool is best coach in the country for DJ to make the type of money he wants to retire his parents in style.

Redshirting is useless these days. Play everyone as soon as you think they can help. If they're good they're not staying for 5 years.

**** these days we even have guys leaving as RS Sophomores. So play them. If he makes one play as a true freshmans that helps you win a game then you're ahead.

Yep, all of this.
I don't get the redshirt fetish with folks these days.
Times have changed.

Only position I see a red shirt we I got useful for is QB, even then though, the good ones don't stay 4 years after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, and in many instances players that are projects, especially if they are not physically ready.
Programs like Wake Forest and Duke get alot of these types, and they redshirt them because they know
these players will be around for 4-5 years.

I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'd like him to shirt. He has great burst unbelievable upside. But I think DJ needs a full year of S&C. Besides, we have Harris, Jackson, Thomas, D Jax, Bethel, Patchan, Willis taking DE snaps. And Garvin as an EE. Let's get 3 solid years out of him and use him in 2018 when we'll need him.

p.s., Kool is best coach in the country for DJ to make the type of money he wants to retire his parents in style.

Redshirting is useless these days. Play everyone as soon as you think they can help. If they're good they're not staying for 5 years.

**** these days we even have guys leaving as RS Sophomores. So play them. If he makes one play as a true freshmans that helps you win a game then you're ahead.

Couldn't agree more. Talented kids like DJ usually declare for the draft after 3 years anyway. Might as well use him all 3 years.

Kid comes in in May, plenty of time to add a few pounds of muscle and improve conditioning ( I did P90x one time and got jacked, crank game also improved) 3 months is plenty of time.

And if the kid blows someone up at least one time, its worth it for his experience and confidence moving forward.

Let the freshmen eat.

Couldn't agree more. Talented kids like DJ usually declare for the draft after 3 years anyway. Might as well use him all 3 years.

Kid comes in in May, plenty of time to add a few pounds of muscle and improve conditioning ( I did P90x one time and got jacked, crank game also improved) 3 months is plenty of time.

And if the kid blows someone up at least one time, its worth it for his experience and confidence moving forward.

Let the freshmen eat.
Good point on P90x. I did that **** and thought at the end that 90x was the multiplier for my crank game.

Let the freshmen eat.
Good point on P90x. I did that **** and thought at the end that 90x was the multiplier for my crank game.

Someone get [MENTION=4404]Angry Ibis[/MENTION]. He loves the crank talk.

Advertisement
Lol you guys know if a player gets shirted it doesn't happen till after the season? And with the new rule players can play in at max four games before being shirted.

Lests say he doest hit his stride in practice till week 5. The coaches can play him and he's got a 4 game sample for the coaches to make a decision.

I'm all for players playing asap, but they need to be ready. Some of our greatest players shirted even when there was zero depth. (Ed Reed)

Lol you guys know if a player gets shirted it doesn't happen till after the season? And with the new rule players can play in at max four games before being shirted.

Lests say he doest hit his stride in practice till week 5. The coaches can play him and he's got a 4 game sample for the coaches to make a decision.

I'm all for players playing asap, but they need to be ready. Some of our greatest players shirted even when there was zero depth. (Ed Reed)

That redshirt rule didn't pass, it was just talked about

IMG_0021.jpg

Going to be a beast once he gets into our weight room!

Advertisement

Wrong. One play burns the redshirt.

There's the Traditional Redshirt and then there's the Medical Redshirt which is given to a player who did not play beyond the 4th game (used to be third) due to an "injury." NCAA does not scrutinize the alleged injury hence its nearly automatic.

Advertisement

Wrong wrong wrong....wrong again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

However, in a redshirt year, student athletes may attend classes at the college or university, practice with an athletic team, and dress for play but may not compete in games.

Let the freshmen eat.

Someone get @Angry Ibis. He loves the crank talk.

I heard you and chise were discussing a hit stick and I had to check it out.

From Washington 247 site

DJ Johnson is no longer an option.

So here's the deal on that: Washington had continued to be in strong contention with Johnson through the past two months. Johnson's commitment to Miami continued to stay solid, but there was some pull to stay back in the West, closer to home. In fact, as we hinted last week in this article, Johnson was looking to come back to Seattle again for a second time, unofficially, with both of his parents, however that is not on the menu now. Johnson spoke to Husky coaches Sunday night upon his return back from Miami and told them he was firm in his commitment to Miami and would go ahead and shut things down.

We heard that Johnson's parents felt more reassured about their son going all the way to Florida after getting to see the U up close. So cross that name off the list.

Advertisement
expected, but still nice to see it in writing from a UW site. Good news!

From Washington 247 site

So here's the deal on that: Washington had continued to be in strong contention with Johnson through the past two months. Johnson's commitment to Miami continued to stay solid, but there was some pull to stay back in the West, closer to home. In fact, as we hinted last week in this article, Johnson was looking to come back to Seattle again for a second time, unofficially, with both of his parents, however that is not on the menu now. Johnson spoke to Husky coaches Sunday night upon his return back from Miami and told them he was firm in his commitment to Miami and would go ahead and shut things down.

We heard that Johnson's parents felt more reassured about their son going all the way to Florida after getting to see the U up close. So cross that name off the list.

Nice find Brock................U know this board does NOT handle good news well.

From Washington 247 site

Just like that a piece of the sky gets its wings.

I got a bone to pick. I'm not big on the stars and ranking but I am big on calling people out on there crap. So...

How did this animal fall 34 spots from 28 to 62 in the ESPN 300?

He showed out at the UA game- OUT OF POSITION- and earned honors as a top 5 defensive performance! Was his senior year that bad? I don't get a 34 spot drop. It's inexcusable.

Advertisement
Back