DJ Johnson tweet

I don't know what part of Sacramento that is but that can't be accurate. It was lot of gang banging in the area when I went to visit my best friend in alameda outside Oakland he took me all over and alot of areas reminded me of Florida Georgia and Louisiana.

But I get what you and original gator hater are saying.

Don't get me wrong Sac is the capitol so it has that going and it definitely has areas that are the straight hood, but it ain't the bay. Source: I live in Oakland and grew up in a city that borders Oakland.

Advertisement
Anyone blaming this entire transfer situation on DJ Johnson is delusional. Coach Kul thought he didn't have to recruit Or develop relationships with his players. Johnson needed to feel the love, some kids do. Especially ones who moved from across the country.

Norton and Mcintosh should have been having conversations with him about turning pro for months. But Kul thought he would just be able to fly in at the last second and convince them to stay. He looked like a first year college coach handling that situation.

He bolted for Bama but had tried in back to back years to leave for the NFL. Hes had one foot out the door since he got here and our D Line room has the numbers to show it. One thing I can't argue with is his ability to identify talent, because the rooms has a lot of it.

Anyone blaming this entire transfer situation on DJ Johnson is delusional. Coach Kul thought he didn't have to recruit Or develop relationships with his players. Johnson needed to feel the love, some kids do. Especially ones who moved from across the country.

Norton and Mcintosh should have been having conversations with him about turning pro for months. But Kul thought he would just be able to fly in at the last second and convince them to stay. He looked like a first year college coach handling that situation.

He bolted for Bama but had tried in back to back years to leave for the NFL. Hes had one foot out the door since he got here and our D Line room has the numbers to show it. One thing I can't argue with is his ability to identify talent, because the rooms has a lot of it.

AHHH So it's the former coaches fault a player wanted to transfer bc he was being out played by another player that wasnt as highly recruited :unsure:

"He wanted to feel the love":unsure::unsure: things that make u go hmmmmm

I really did like him as a recruit when he came in. Honestly one of the people I was most excited for. It's a shame, but hard to not wish him the best...

Advertisement
AHHH So it's the former coaches fault a player wanted to transfer bc he was being out played by another player that wasnt as highly recruited :unsure:

"He wanted to feel the love":unsure::unsure: things that make u go hmmmmm

This site is full of adults who want to talk about how things were in the glory days. News Flash those days are over. I'm 29 and since I've been a Canes fan for over half my life and in that time we haven't won ****.

Ohio State was flying into south Florida to try and convince Grimes to stay. They don't lose more than two games a season.

Kul let Johnson go home and told him to decide if he wants to be a part of the program anymore. Like we are back to back National Champs who don't need the depth.

I want to win and guys with Johnsons measurables don't come around often. He needed to mature and develop but probably had the weight of a community all expecting him to be a star right away on his mind.

You guys act like kids are suppose to be as mature as adults. Would love to see where you were at mentally at his age.

If a kids leaves and he feels he's making the best decision for his future how can u be mad at him. We were all in love with his 100m dash instead of his bull rush his swim move he was a great prospect but that don't means he's gonna be a great player. How many 5 stars never amount to ****.

This site is full of adults who want to talk about how things were in the glory days. News Flash those days are over. I'm 29 and since I've been a Canes fan for over half my life and in that time we haven't won ****.

Ohio State was flying into south Florida to try and convince Grimes to stay. They don't lose more than two games a season.

Kul let Johnson go home and told him to decide if he wants to be a part of the program anymore. Like we are back to back National Champs who don't need the depth.

I want to win and guys with Johnsons measurables don't come around often. He needed to mature and develop but probably had the weight of a community all expecting him to be a star right away on his mind.

You guys act like kids are suppose to be as mature as adults. Would love to see where you were at mentally at his age.

Mentally i was immature af like most but what player is transferring from their so called "dream school" bc they didnt play as much as they wanted the first year??? Only divas that never live up to their hype... **** even Dionte Mullins waited til his sophomore year to lose his **** mind... this DJ kid is SOFT, if he ever lives up to his 5 star i would be surprised but i dont wish anything negative i just see too many red flags w/ how he handled that situation.

Last edited:
I dont have energy to wish DJ anything negative but I'm definitely not about to wish this c

Mentally i was immature af like most but what player is transferring from their so called "dream school" bc they didnt play as much as they wanted the first year??? Only divas that never live up to their hype... **** even Dionte Mullins waited til his sophomore year to lose his **** mind... this DJ kid is SOFT, if he ever lives up to his 5 star i would be surprised but i dont wish anything negative i just see too many red flags w/ how he handled that situation.

I can respect your point of view. But we only got 1 side of the story and that's through "sources" that are relying on the staff to provide them information. The info we got was that he was passed on the depth chart and not as good as advertised. Kul had actuallyissed on the Eval. If that's the info we get, and it's true... why would he stay?

I look at Kool's entire body of work here at Miami and can't help but question if the relationship part of the job has grown tiresome for him. Hence why he wanted an NFL gig so bad.

I feel for a kid like Johnson, maybe I'm being soft. But I went away for university at 17, And got cut from the football team. I was crushed. I was a popular kid in my town and a nobody on campus. Called my mom everyday begging to come home for a month. Thankfully I got invited to a party one night and smashed a rocket, turned things around. But **** was I ever homesick that first month.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was lot of gang banging in the area when I went to visit my best friend in alameda outside Oakland he took me all over and alot of areas reminded me of Florida Georgia and Louisiana.

Sacramento is a good two-hour Amtrak train ride away from Alameda/Oakland. If you go by car, it's a little less than a couple hours. It has more in common with the more rural parts of California than it does Oakland.

That said, it shouldn't be that big of a cultural shock. You still have a sizeable Asian and Latino population there. Kid just couldn't cut it IMO and figured it was easier to go somewhere else.

Advertisement
Back