DJ Ivey will not play

Say whatever tough guy **** you want I don't sugar coat things and that's a harmful loss. Equally funny when we're all over in another thread gloating about all sorts of suspensions that didn't happen.
We don’t know who they are suspending aside from Slaton and Stewart plus some injuries. I saw that they cleared Ancrum and that was fishy as Mullet had the ability to suspend or not there and he made an excuse and is letting him play.

Advertisement
Not saying I disagree, but our compliance department has to walk a tighter line than anyone else in the country because of our history and the fact the NCAA always has us under a microscope. Like it or not, that's how it'll be at Miami from here on out.

And some things are just out of Manny's control....

Advertisement
I expected Ivey out. I’m not certain what the shock is for some people on here. I’m happy that it appears that he’s the only one.

Hard to expect it when it was just message board rumors and Diaz said all players were going to travel. Was hoping we didn’t have any especially at a position we have zero depth or experience. No way to slice it. It’s not good

My fear is a bogus targeting penalty. We're ****ed if any of our starting DB get hit with one.

So are they. Anything can happen. They don’t have any depth either. Both teams are screwed with a key injury or a player getting kicked out. This is where the recruiting failures always show up

Advertisement
I have the feeling this is the only reason Blades was in front of Ivey, Blades IMO is not the cover man as Ivey. Gators will attack Blades guaranteed

Apparently blades was one of the most improved players on the defense

▪ Most improved player? Hall would rank among them, but Baker said Al Blades Jr. and DJ Ivey - the No. 2 and No. 3 cornerbacks - “have improved maybe more than anybody on our defense, especially Al Blades.

“I knew DJ kind of took over from the end of spring ball and pulled ahead. Al Blades is a different player than he was this spring. I think Al Blades can have a special year for us. I feel very comfortable with both of them in the game.”

Regardless blades has been the starter all fall camp too

Not saying I disagree, but our compliance department has to walk a tighter line than anyone else in the country because of our history and the fact the NCAA always has us under a microscope. Like it or not, that's how it'll be at Miami from here on out.

We have been down fo nearly 2 decades.

We don’t land 10 5 stars every cycle.

I highly doubt they are watching us that closely.

I just wonder what the problem was. Maybe he failed a mandatory drug test by the NCAA.

This doesn’t sound like it was a University issue.

Advertisement
Apparently blades was one of the most improved players on the defense

▪ Most improved player? Hall would rank among them, but Baker said Al Blades Jr. and DJ Ivey - the No. 2 and No. 3 cornerbacks - “have improved maybe more than anybody on our defense, especially Al Blades.

“I knew DJ kind of took over from the end of spring ball and pulled ahead. Al Blades is a different player than he was this spring. I think Al Blades can have a special year for us. I feel very comfortable with both of them in the game.”

Regardless blades has been the starter all fall camp too

I saw him mulltiple times in high school Blades is a safety if he has futehre aspirations then college

Advertisement
I have the feeling this is the only reason Blades was in front of Ivey, Blades IMO is not the cover man as Ivey. Gators will attack Blades guaranteed
If u listened to rumph interview he basically said so when asked how blades jumped ivey after spring.. something to affect of blades did everything on and off field.. ivey is a **** up

I’m telling you right now. UF isn’t gonna suspend anyone. Then there 2nd game they’ll sit their kids out

Advertisement
Back