DJ Dallas looked explosive

The gator defenders were trying so hard to rip that ball from Deejay all night too. I was very impressed with everything Dallas did on Saturday! Phenomenal performance. He's going to deliver every game.

Advertisement
Go DJ...that's my DJ. The weight had him slow but look at him now... :2h3mpi1:

Cam was getting up gimpy after a few runs/plays. And he got tackled one on one in the open field when I expected more wiggle or power. He showed it when he ran through that LB though. Consistency is key.

You're too funny man....Hated on DJ all summer, then after 1 game he's now a Leveon Bell type. That's quite a swing.

But I'm happy it only took 1 game to get back on the Deejay Dallas bandwagon - good to have you back!
Let's be real DJ had a terrible SO yr

He was fat slow and put the ball on the ground too much

I don't think Deejay was by any means "terrible" last year. But he definitely was not in the right shape and put the ball on the ground too many times.

Advertisement

I think that's very much the perception, but not at all the reality.

He's been the same dude all along. Everything just feels worse in 7 win season than it does in a 10 win season.

He's gonna have a monster year and then declare I believe. Looking at his situation I think it makes sense for him. I wish him all the luck.

Last edited:
"Explosive" isn't the word I would use. It's more like he makes people have a hard time tackling him. He runs into a pile of guys and somehow shoots out the other side for more yards. It's not even power so much as he just slips out of situations where you're sure he's down.

Leveon bell type of back. Showed some breakaway speed right there. Proved me all the way wrong on my take of Dallas several times on the board since the end of last season. Happy to be wrong

I give props to those who acknowledge when they are wrong.

Advertisement
Considering the DIII level OL play, yes, DJ was outstanding.

My guess is he is hurting deep in his heart this am.

Can it heal and he not mail it in?
Not even a question. And if you really do wonder that, just see how quick and how proud he threw up that U in the end zone. This kid is a Cane through and through. That kid loves Miami. He's not going anywhere and he's definitely not 'mailing it in'.

He’s gonna be a mid round pick and a real weapon for somebody. His value is off the charts for where he will grade out.

Not sure how it looked on TV, but the last play of the game was supposed to be a screen to DeeJay and there was NOBODY on that side of the field. Camp had his guy blocked about 15 yds down the field. DeeJay probably would've scored. 51 would've been the only one with a shot, but he reacted way to late to it.

Advertisement
Not sure how it looked on TV, but the last play of the game was supposed to be a screen to DeeJay and there was NOBODY on that side of the field. Camp had his guy blocked about 15 yds down the field. DeeJay probably would've scored. 51 would've been the only one with a shot, but he reacted way to late to it.

It looked like sh-t on tv. A fitting end to an absurd performance by both teams.

Deejay needs at least 20 touches a game! Dude was running that rock! Very impressed with DJ and he’s the type of back that will give teams a fit if he can stay healthy the entire season

Advertisement

Tweed how’s Lo looking man?

He got the speed and confidence back?

Deejay needs at least 20 touches a game! Dude was running that rock! Very impressed with DJ and he’s the type of back that will give teams a fit if he can stay healthy the entire season
We have enough quality backs behind him to be able to not over use him. He’s effective in that 10-12 carries a game plus multiple receptions role

Also though Florida's dbs cant tackle. Like they straight up dont want to at all. No intent. They'll get exposed all season.

Advertisement
Back