DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

Advertisement
So they think Mesidor is an SDE.
Tbh I don’t think they care about strong or weak side they just looking for 2 DEs that will produce. But mesidor did play DE his freshmen year and apparently that’s the position he wants to play

Advertisement
I like Harvey to have a big year! He is a little nicked up should be full go by the season. Kid will be good

I just did this -- even to a couple posts I found personally funny (@PIPO and @Juvenal in particular) -- and it cut like 2.5 pages from the thread, lol.

So about the DJ Coleman... he seems like an athletic pass rusher who plays with a lot of effort and has the sort of wingspan that makes him a problem for college OTs. Hopefully we get him in the fold soon.

Wish you had admin rights on Shadows board, smh.

Advertisement
Rusty Medearis isn't limping through that door either.

We're going to have to get through 2022 with whatever we can scrape together for depth in the front 7. Late-stage portal, JuCo, on-campus tryouts, whatever it takes. I think we'll be fine by October (barring injuries), I trust this staff to coach them up and maximize whatever Avengers we can assemble.

But we have to stop comparing. All of the "but last year" or "but historically" stuff has to be tossed. We can't get 14 assassins overnight to build a 2-deep, but we'll get there by 2023. And I certainly think there is a lot of "reclamation" potential on our returning roster for the 2022 season.

Having said that, our schedule is full of teams with the exact same talent challenges that we face. That's where I think our coaching will make the difference. This is not just about "oh, we have a weak schedule". It's about our coaches being able to maximize an imperfect roster better than anyone else in the Coastal, at least. And certainly better than Prison Mike Norvell.

Even if all our guys took big steps and improved by the spring game, a run of injuries would put us in desperation mode.

We need all the help we can get. If a player can legit compete for snaps, you take the best you can get NOW.

DJ is a specimen with good production and still untapped potential. Mario is combing the weeds. He is evaluating for the best guys. If he doesn’t take Coleman it will only be because we found better.

Kid is long and strong. We will contribute.

Would you rather him or messidor? Seems unlikely we’d take both.
If Gaby is right and we are passing on Coleman and it's an either or situation, I rather have Mesidor. All Conference type player at a higher level and younger still.

Probably plays SDE, we still need some beef in the middle.

Mario is trying to win now. He clearly sees who we have on the DL isn't cutting it. Like you said, there's a reason he is targeting DE, DTs, LBs, and possibly a CB and WR. This team still need help, and if anyone would know, it's Mario. He's worked at big time programs and worked with/played for big time coaches. He knows what we need more than any of us. We trying to get on Bama, UGA, OSU level right? That is not going to happen until Mario gets they guys he wants, whether that's from the portal or through recruiting. Our DL is small. Let Mario work.

This is a missed point.

Just because he is looking for guys does not necessarily mean Mario thinks we are terrible.

We were the only Acc team to beat last year’s Acc champ. All our conference losses were by three points or less. We had NO BUSINESS losing to FSU and UVA.

Mario has been around championship teams. Why settle for being Coastal champs? Evaluate the difference between us and the big time teams and do whatever is necessary to match them.

Pitt went 11-3 and lost by 10 to a strong MSU team in the Orange Bowl. We are AT LEAST that level of potential.

Adding talent makes us a potential playoff team. Even if we make it and get our *** kicked, it still shows the world we are on the rise and will galvanize recruiting even more.

Mario is smart to take advantage of this opportunity and add all the talent he can to win NOW.

Advertisement
I like several of our guys. LT of course. Chantz, Elijah, JHH, Harvey all have top P5 and NFL potential. Jordan Miller reshaped his body, may do something.

The issue is we want ACCCG production now, not potential or future seasons. There's not 1 kid we can say will be a SAVAGE in 2022 from the existing roster. Hence all these portal kids. Hope the competition brings all that potential to the surface for the Manny kids, because they have them in it.

My personal favorite is Roberts. I really want that young man to earn his spot.

Advertisement
Fair prediction. But let’s not bank the whole defense on it either. Made that mistake last year. Let’s hedge this bet a little.
I’m with you but i think we had good talent last year just no gap integrity in a terrible scheme, we will be better on defense this year once we add some depth at linebacker and more speed in secondary

Having 100% of our starting defensive line room from transfers is F'ing disgusting and a disgrace by Manny and staff. Obviously LT, JHH, Harvey could start and will play a ton of snaps regardless but having potentially 4 transfers starting on our defensive line is something that should never happen here.
No it shouldn't. On that I think we are all in agreement. However what's done is done and we can't change the garbage evals and terrible roster management by Bozo the Diaz. The most important thing is that something is being done about it as our new staff is aggressively attacking the problem and having excellent success in doing so. With the way Mario and staff are recruiting we can all be confident that the current situation on the DL and at LB will be solved in relatively short order.

Advertisement
Back