Discussion thread: How to use the ICs

Uhh what? We don’t even use a 1 tech set. All our DTs play over the guard and we stunt to make up for it lmao. There’s literally no need for a 1 tech in this scheme lol.

Yes we do use a 1 tech in 4 down alignment UM is a over 4-2-5 base defense. Ford, Miller, and Holley play the 1. Nesta, roberts, Blissett, and Harrison Hunte play the 3 tech.

Just a quick fYI if a DT lines up on the inside shade of the guard that is 1 Tech.
1 tech = inside shade of the guard between OG & OC
3 tech = outside shade of guard between OG & OT
e-gap-an-dia.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes we do use a 1 tech in 4 down alignment. Ford, Miller, and Holley play the 1. Nesta, roberts, Blissett, and Harrison Hunte play the 3 tech.

Just a quick fYI if a DT lines up on the inside shade of the guard that is 1 Tech.
1 tech = inside shade of the guard between OG & OC
3 tech = outside shade of guard between OG & OT
e-gap-an-dia.gif

Go Canes
Bruh, we don’t use a 1 tech assignment. What don’t you understand about that? We play 2 gap and 3 gap, not the one gap.

Bruh, we don’t use a 1 tech assignment. What don’t you understand about that? We play 2 gap and 3 gap, not the one gap.

Okay let's just agree your wrong and not derail your thread about Intial counters any further. Also there is a reason Miami has supposedly contacted PSU grad transfer NT Antonio Shelton. An also badly wanted to sign either Austin Barber or Tristan Leigh because we need linemen.

Go Canes

Okay let's just agree your wrong and not derail your thread about Intial counters any further. Also there is a reason Miami has supposedly contacted PSU grad transfer NT Antonio Shelton.

Go Canes
No they haven’t

Advertisement
Get two portal CBs, or one and PRAY you hit on the right one. If the second option get the Montana WR or a LB not yet in the portal.

Advertisement
Thought about it but at the end of the day we need to improve the interior O-Line and WR way more. The LBs are in bad shape but as Macho said, it doesn’t matter until there’s a scheme change. I could possibly see us only taking 1 WR and using the other space for an LB

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
DE DeAndre Johnson
DE Owen Carney/Kivon Bennett
LB Palaie Gaoteote
CB- TBD
we are going to have a new defensive staff so scheme change comin

Advertisement
i know what 3 technique is. and i know what 1 gap vs 2 gap is. but what’s it mean to play 3 gap? that sounds like a lotta holes for one dl.

Advertisement
i know what 3 technique is. and i know what 1 gap vs 2 gap is. but what’s it mean to play 3 gap? that sounds like a lotta holes for one dl.
We don’t keep 1 gap integrity because we stunt into that gap usually which means we don’t have a “1-tech DT” in our system. They either line up straight over the guard(2-tech) or your ordinary 3-tech alignment.

We don’t have the depth to kick anybody at CB. That Kansas CB isn’t the transfer that’s being referred to but he’s good enough to justify 2 CBs.
Never said we are telling him to leave but could he leave if he feels his job is in jeopardy?

Advertisement
Back