Discussion thread: How to use the ICs

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Just so we can keep the board and and threads organized. Didn’t get T2 so I assume it climbs to 6 spots.

WR Samori Toure
WR Randal Grimes/Jamayre Joiner
OG TJ Fiailoa
DE DeAndre Johnson- already announced
DE Owen Carney OR Kivon Bennett
CB- TBD

OR-

WR Samori Toure
WR Randal Grimes/Jamarye Joiner
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB-TBD
CB- Linwood Crump- Former starter at Temple. 5 picks in 2018 and had injuries the last 2 years.

I personally like the first choice due to having Al Baldes still here and he’s def a guy who’s shown enough to think he could even be an NFL guy. Just needs to be consistent.

Advertisement
Z,with Brantley now early enrolling,you think there's a chance hes willing to blueshirt to open another IC.

Advertisement
Just so we can keep the board and and threads organized. Didn’t get T2 so I assume it climbs to 6 spots.

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB- TBD

OR-

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB-TBD
CB- Linwood Crump- Former starter at Temple. 5 picks in 2018 and had injuries the last 2 years.

I personally like the first choice due to having Al Baldes still here and he’s def a guy who’s shown enough to think he could even be an NFL guy. Just needs to be consistent.

How are you figuring UM has 6 spots left in the 2021 class? I am counting 3 spots and DeAndre Johnson just took 1 spot leaving 2.

Go Canes

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB- TBD

OR-

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB-TBD

I would go list 1 but take out the second de slot and go lb from usc

How are you figuring UM has 6 spots left in the 2021 class? I am counting 3 spots and DeAndre Johnson just took 1 spot leaving 2.

Go Canes
Because the NCAA is probably going to open it up which AT LEAST 2 more but that was before T2 chose Maryland.

Miami needs interior line help both at OL and DL as well as CB help.

My picks
NT = Antonio Shelton (GradT)
OG = Josh Simmons (prep)
OG = portal best available
CB = Dontae Balfour (prep)
CB = portal best available
DE = DeAndre Johnson (GradT) - UM Commit

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami needs interior line help both at OL and DL as well as CB help.

My picks
NT = Antonio Shelton (GradT)
OG = Josh Simmons (prep)
OG = portal best available
CB = Dontae Balfour (prep)
CB = portal best available
DE = DeAndre Johnson (GradT) - UM Commit

Go Canes
We don’t need DTs. We need WRs. You have this fascination with big people. Seek help.

I would go list 1 but take out the second de slot and go lb from usc
Thought about it but at the end of the day we need to improve the interior O-Line and WR way more. The LBs are in bad shape but as Macho said, it doesn’t matter until there’s a scheme change. I could possibly see us only taking 1 WR and using the other space for an LB

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
DE DeAndre Johnson
DE Owen Carney/Kivon Bennett
LB Palaie Gaoteote
CB- TBD

Last edited:
Thought about it but at the end of the day we need to improve the interior O-Line and WR way more. The LBs are in bad shape but as Macho said, it doesn’t matter until there’s a scheme change.
I saw macho and agree also agree with u about line and wr play but I also saw us get killed on sideline runs due to bad tackling,angles and athletes so that's why I go lb also he is guy who can break off lineman

I saw macho and agree also agree with u about line and wr play but I also saw us get killed on sideline runs due to bad tackling,angles and athletes so that's why I go lb also he is guy who can break off lineman
Like I put up there after you quoted me.
I could possibly see us only taking 1 WR and using the other space for an LB

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
DE DeAndre Johnson
DE Owen Carney/Kivon Bennett
LB Palaie Gaoteote
CB- TBD

I just feel that getting open is more important. WR by far is the worst group on the time.

Advertisement

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB- TBD

OR-

WR Samori Toure
OG TJ Fiailoa
CB-TBD

Desperately need 2 corners from the portal. One WR from the portal is enough if Manny will just play Smith, Redding and 1 or 2 incoming.

We don’t need DTs. We need WRs. You have this fascination with big people. Seek help.

Our defense was run on all year because we lacked consistent push up the middle from our 1 techniques. And our inside zone running plays went nowhere because we lacked push from the our interior line.

So yes we need bigger bodies in the interior lines.

Go Canes

Advertisement
If I'm seeing it correctly, we have 21 HS commits and Johnson. That's 22 so we have 3 left?

Our defense was run on all year because we lacked consistent push up the middle from our 1 techniques. And our inside zone running plays went nowhere because we lacked push from the our interior line.

So yes we need bigger bodies in the interior lines.

Go Canes
Uhh what? We don’t even use a 1 tech set. All our DTs play over the guard and we stunt to make up for it lmao. There’s literally no need for a 1 tech in this scheme lol.

Advertisement
Back