Discussion: David Lake’s “Dream” Mock Class

Advertisement
Or you’re hoping they would be a lot of decommittments from schools that they already valued over you. Do you see the logic in that?

“Don’t worry guys, they chose michigan over us even though they never saw the school before but once they see Miami it’s over...even though they live 30 minutes away.”

They’re saving spots at those schools because that’s where they want to be. It’s not like they’re choosing Miami over Alabama because they haven’t driven 15 hours to see the school. They live up the street.

Just look how the class looked in June during the last cycle compared to how we finished

Just look how the class looked in June during the last cycle compared to how we finished
We finished well because we got Avantae late and we already had a strong foundation. There’s no telling if we’re gonna have another situation like that. We’re doing horrible when it comes to the foundation of our class and already have a ton of misses. As of right now our best hope for a top 10 - 12 right now is continuing to gain ground with Taylor/Williams by winning and doing our best to put Auburn behind us for Kitchens. That’s not a good place to be in and I’m already sure that the CB is probably a wash.

Advertisement
QB Jalen Milroe - A bit shocked but I guess as of right now he’s believed to be the only viable candidate

RB Thad Franklin - Expected

WR Mello Brinson - A lot of reason to believe this is going to happen especially with the O probably taking off this year.

WR Jacolby George - expected

WR Yulkieth Brown - Confused here. I don’t think the staff values him this much to use a spot on him without missing on Brashard.

WR Brashard Smith - Hence the confusion with Yul. So they take a 4th guy even though they got who they want? Unlikely especially being that we could use that way more spot at CB, End, or even OT.

TE Elijah Arroyo - Expected

TE Khalil Brantley - Expected

OT Michael McLaughlin - Expected

OL Laurence Seymour - Expected

OL Ryan Rodriguez - Expected

DE Jabari Ishmael - expected

DT Savion Collins - expected

DT Allen Haye - Expected

DT Leonard Taylor - Well that’s a surprise. I can see it but an 10 - 12 win season needs to happen (probably will) and he really needs to want to play early.

LB Jacorey Hammett - Expected

LB Tyler Johnson - Expected

LB DeShawn Troutman - Expected

CB Tim Burns - Expected

CB Malik Curtis - Expected

Sidebar: That CB class is a fireable offense. Not only is there no 3rd corner but you couldn’t find better prospects to offer? Not even Davion Sistrunk? Get Rumph out my face with this class.

DB - Kam Kitchens - Another one I believe is gonna end up going the good guys way especially with Banda being a decent developer.

ATH James Williams - A surprise but the same thing I said about Leonard Taylor applies. Question would be where would you play him which ideally would be striker because of his size but he could be a box safety and still be a first rounder. He’ll be one anywhere other than pass rusher and that’s only because we haven’t seen him with his hand in the dirt

ATH- Chase Smith - At least somebody is giving him some love. Put him at WR, LB, or safety and you’re probably getting the same result.

K Andy Borregales- Expected

Good enough to be a top ten class.

Thoughts: Great class other than the CB haul sucks ***. I want Thomas Davis here, probably over Ishmael but they’ll probably go with Jabari. I would probably move on from Tyler Johnson with Chase and James being in the class and use that spot somewhere else if the WR class ends up being like that. Cb class though is absolutely garbage, trash, s**t, atrocious, a travesty, criminally negligent, eww, etc. Rumph needs a pink slip for that.
Ishmael isn't going anywhere with dad on on the strength staff! And once again not sticking up f4 rumph. But the kids have to want to come here!

Advertisement
I will take Burns and Curtis if it means we also get Taylor, Williams and Chase. We already have Blades, Ivey, Williams, Couch, Dunson, and Clarke
at corner. Curtis could also be a returner.

Why is this a saying around here now? May and June is when you build the foundation for your class. It’s not early still. It’s mid-season and this is where you make your money as a recruiter. These are the most important months out of the whole year and we’re struggling. That’s a horrible sign.

Maybe for the rest of the class, but not for CB, Z. You know this.
We sign the Canes relatives and pure projects first, then lean back til the last possible minute for a blue chip that is hopefully getting squeezed out. Rumph doesn't really even start recruiting until December, lol.

Unless we get a stud cb, we should redshirt all incoming dudes at that position. Should have plenty of depth in 2021.

Advertisement
QB Jalen Milroe - A bit shocked but I guess as of right now he’s believed to be the only viable candidate

WR Mello Brinson - A lot of reason to believe this is going to happen especially with the O probably taking off this year.

WR Yulkieth Brown - Confused here. I don’t think the staff values him this much to use a spot on him without missing on Brashard.

WR Brashard Smith - Hence the confusion with Yul. So they take a 4th guy even though they got who they want? Unlikely especially being that we could use that way more spot at CB, End, or even OT.

DT Allen Haye - Expected

DT Leonard Taylor - Well that’s a surprise. I can see it but an 10 - 12 win season needs to happen (probably will) and he really needs to want to play early.

CB Tim Burns - Expected

Sidebar: That CB class is a fireable offense. Not only is there no 3rd corner but you couldn’t find better prospects to offer? Not even Davion Sistrunk? Get Rumph out my face with this class.

DB - Kam Kitchens - Another one I believe is gonna end up going the good guys way especially with Banda being a decent developer.

ATH James Williams - A surprise but the same thing I said about Leonard Taylor applies. Question would be where would you play him which ideally would be striker because of his size but he could be a box safety and still be a first rounder. He’ll be one anywhere other than pass rusher and that’s only because we haven’t seen him with his hand in the dirt

ATH- Chase Smith - At least somebody is giving him some love. Put him at WR, LB, or safety and you’re probably getting the same result.

Thoughts: Great class other than the CB haul sucks ***. I want Thomas Davis here, probably over Ishmael but they’ll probably go with Jabari. I would probably move on from Tyler Johnson with Chase and James being in the class and use that spot somewhere else if the WR class ends up being like that. Cb class though is absolutely garbage, trash, s**t, atrocious, a travesty, criminally negligent, eww, etc. Rumph needs a pink slip for that.
I'd rather have 3 receivers and put the xtra spot to DE as you preferred with Davis. And I agree, only 2 corners would be unacceptable.

Unless we get a stud cb, we should redshirt all incoming dudes at that position. Should have plenty of depth in 2021.

May not have a choice. The chances of Burns or Curtis being ready to contribute meaningful snaps Day 1 is pretty low. I like Burns and think he looks closer to 160 lbs than 145 lbs, but he will still need time to adjust and for S&C take effect. Curtis is a projection at CB up to this point, and he's likely to see the field on STs before CB.

Advertisement
I'd love to see Sistrunk in our CB class. Given our history with dudes like M. Brown and the radio silence from guys like Cooper, I don't see why we don't turn up the heat on him. And bring Dink with him, we ain't gettin' no **** James Williams...

Tommi Hill is another kid we should make a play for. He's a gamer and a kid I'd tell to focus on getting as fast as he can before the Bama game because he can be my starting boundary corner by then. I heard he wants to play WR(He's PDG there too) but I'd definitely pitch starting Day 1 to him...

DT Allen Haye - Expected

CB Tim Burns - Expected

Only 24 kids, huh?

Like my wife but plus 20 years. Wife is only 27 so her mom is still very much in cougar range.
9611b88f4ea372497f1f473b44c29e2c.gif

Advertisement
Back