Discipline and Efficiency

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
First off yes it's Bethune-Cookman can't take anything away glorified scrimmage blah blah blah.

Now that's out of the way, it was so nice seeing Miami do what teams are supposed to do week in and week out to significantly inferior opponents. 7-7 3rd downs, 6-48 for penalties (honestly felt like fewer), 42-10 at halftime. How many openers have we seen with the same final score but we were up 17-7 at the half, 3-13 on 3rd down, and 13 penalties - half of which were mental/procedural?

Lots still to clean up but it's a new day, football is back, and for the first time in a while I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Let's do it again next week!

Advertisement
I know we all keep qualifying it with “it’s Bethune”

But we’ve proven in the past that doesn’t matter

Offense was crisp. We didn’t show much of anything because we didn’t need to. Very positive.

The D seemed to get better as the game went along and certain guys were playing more. I have faith this was an audition for a lot of them and the PT to the right people will get sorted out as we move into the ACC part of our schedule

First off yes it's Bethune-Cookman can't take anything away glorified scrimmage blah blah blah.

Now that's out of the way, it was so nice seeing Miami do what teams are supposed to do week in and week out to significantly inferior opponents. 7-7 3rd downs, 6-48 for penalties (honestly felt like fewer), 42-10 at halftime. How many openers have we seen with the same final score but we were up 17-7 at the half, 3-13 on 3rd down, and 13 penalties - half of which were mental/procedural?

Lots still to clean up but it's a new day, football is back, and for the first time in a while I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Let's do it again next week!
5-35 penalties, the unsportsmanlike after the int was f’n brutal. I hate refs. Hate them

Advertisement

my freshman year at UM (al golden era) we played bethune early in the year and bumbled and stumbled our way to a 38-10 win. if memory serves it was exactly 17-7 at halftime. duke johnson basically had to drag us to the end zone. so yeah, i'm gonna take at least a little time to appreciate us doing what we should actually do lol

Yep, 100%. This team would have given our starters fits last year. Probably would have been up 23-10 at the half.

Advertisement
my freshman year at UM (al golden era) we played bethune early in the year and bumbled and stumbled our way to a 38-10 win. if memory serves it was exactly 17-7 at halftime. duke johnson basically had to drag us to the end zone. so yeah, i'm gonna take at least a little time to appreciate us doing what we should actually do lol

denzel washington smiling GIF

Advertisement
We’ve always been able to stomp BC, but 7-7 3rd down conversions percentage? Yes that’s the way it should be, but Miami teams haven’t been able to do it in years.
Yessir and that was a big conversation point

Lashlee had strengths, but the whole throw it on first for an incompletion, run it up the middle automatically on 2nd down, leaving us with 3rd and long was just not a good strategy for us

Good to see some relief from that perspective

Advertisement
Yessir and that was a big conversation point

Lashlee had strengths, but the whole throw it on first for an incompletion, run it up the middle automatically on 2nd down, leaving us with 3rd and long was just not a good strategy for us

Good to see some relief from that perspective
Amen

Advertisement
Back