Highlights Dirty Hit Or Not - Stephens vs Moore

Man, he went low to hit him in the head. Do you think he goes low if he's not sliding? I don't. He was going for a kill shot the second he thought he could get one on the QB. The celebration proved that.
Hard to say for sure what anyone is thinking. If you have played football at any level (not calling you out just making a statement) when you drill someone, high,low, targeting, blindside whatever- your reaction is to be fired up. The game is played so fast. These two kids are sprinting head on at each other. You have a split second to react. Was it intentionally dirty- no one can possibly know for sure. That’s why I’m such a huge proponent of the QB protecting themselves. Remember when Pickett faked a slide and ran in for a TD? You have to play until the whistle and make decisions so fast.
 
Anyone else think Little Mahomes looks like an upgrade at QB for them?

Having said that, never want to see a kid get hurt. Hoping Moore bounces back.
 
Hard to say for sure what anyone is thinking. If you have played football at any level (not calling you out just making a statement) when you drill someone, high,low, targeting, blindside whatever- your reaction is to be fired up. The game is played so fast. These two kids are sprinting head on at each other. You have a split second to react. Was it intentionally dirty- no one can possibly know for sure. That’s why I’m such a huge proponent of the QB protecting themselves. Remember when Pickett faked a slide and ran in for a TD? You have to play until the whistle and make decisions so fast.
Yeah, I remember. I also know they cut back on that fake slide crap. He saw he was sliding and literally had to aim low to get that head shot. He should have eased up, or at the very least not lead with his head/shoulder into his head.
 
Yeah, I remember. I also know they cut back on that fake slide crap. He saw he was sliding and literally had to aim low to get that head shot. He should have eased up, or at the very least not lead with his head/shoulder into his head.
Fair enough. Agree to disagree.
 
Back
Top