Dino Babers Fired

Advertisement
Let’s be real, everyone is bad at this. Fans and the pros. The percentages of hitting big on a hire is lower than drafting a franchise qb. There’s only 4-5 active head coaches that’s won a natty.

true. because at least two of those (Mack Brown and Dabo), are on the back end of the slide.

bigger riddle to solve if you're and AD is not whether you have a coach that HAS won a natty, it's wether you have a coach that CAN win a natty.

(discuss amongst yourselves).

Advertisement
Living not far from Syracuse the administration puts zero effort into the football program since McNabb era.. will always live and die by the hoops program .
This, Babers never had a chance and had some great moments. I was at the dome when they upset Clemson and he had that place rocking.

That's true. Of course I want to win a Natty again but I'd settle for not being a laughing stock yearly at this point.
Sadly it’s just been an unbelievable string of bad hires - with the exception of Richt, which was health related. The ingredients to win are here, just gotta get out of own way.

Advertisement
I’ll be 💯 , I for one thought Babers was a good coach. I saw first hand what he did at Eastern Illinois, & then subsequently Bowling Green.

Unfortunately, coaching at Syracuse is a different animal. When u move up to the P5 levels, all things are not equal like the FCS, & G5 levels. There’s complete tier systems at the P5 level, & Syracuse hasn’t been relevant since the late 90’s w/ DMac & Harrison Sr.

Saw some crazy stat about Syracuse football as they still live w/in the Ernie Davis, Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, John Mackey eras, that since 1960 Syracuse has had only six 10+ win seasons, w/ Babers having one of those six. Crazy. Cuse is more of a b-ball school; yes, they care about CFB, but man they do not have the resources to match big programs around them. Programs like Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse that were powers back in the day are going to have tough times being good in this modern era when programs like PSU, O$U, UofM, ND are taking the best in ur back yard, and the NIL opportunities aren’t up to par. They may have solid seasons here & there, but sustained success? Tough.

IMO, that’s a dead man’s walking job.

Last edited:
Let’s be real, everyone is bad at this. Fans and the pros. The percentages of hitting big on a hire is lower than drafting a franchise qb. There’s only 4-5 active head coaches that’s won a natty.
4. Jimbo is unemployed.

Saban, Kirby, Mac Brown and Dabo.

The list of coaches who have won at a high level for a long time in college football is incredibly short.

There are 7 active head coaches with a career win% over 80. One of them is only in his second year (Dan Lanning). One of them is the head coach at James Madison (Curt Cignetti). That leaves 5 P5 coaches who have won over 80% of their games who have been a head coach for more than 2 years. Ryan Day (CIS thinks he's a corch) Kirby Smart (CIS thought he was a corch until he won two nattys). Lincoln Riley (CIS thinks he's a corch) Kalen Deboer (CIS doesn't know who he is) Nick Saban (the only good coach not named Butch Davis to CIS)

Advertisement
8 years-

Way too much time-

Should have been fired a lot earlier-

At one time Syracuse was a well regarded program-

I doubt they ever reclaim their glory days.

Advertisement
This board is worse at identifying good coaches than our administration
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Another failure from the Briles tree. I always suspected He was a coRch when He made a player do push-ups in that game against us.

He won over 10 games in 2018. Last time that happened was when Donovan McNabb, Rob Konrad, and Marvin Harrison played in the Carrier Dome.

With the limited resources and hardly any NIL the ceiling of that place 6-7 wins.

Advertisement
Back