Dino Babers Fired

Advertisement
Air raid is a mentality
Flinestones is a lifestyle we live and die by.

We all know we aren’t going to air it out, risk 3&outs. Maybe just maybe we end up with real depth at DL, QB above average, 1-2 WR that can play with legit speed/separation, rbs that are home run threats, and we see Mario open it up from the flinestones to early 1900th century. Air raid is almost the Jetsons in his mind.

Last edited:
Living not far from Syracuse the administration puts zero effort into the football program since McNabb era.. will always live and die by the hoops program .
well they spent $400M upgrading the dome. They also spent a ton on a very nice IPF. I think its so hard to recuit there and Cuse is not a program that will do well in the transfer error.. they will lose any diamond in the ruff 3-star that turns out to be good.

Flinestones is a lifestyle we live and die by.

We all know we aren’t going to air it out, risk 3&outs. Maybe just maybe we end up with real depth at DL, QB above average, 1-2 WR that can play with legit speed/separation, rbs that are home run threats, and we see Mario open it up from the flinestones to early 1900th century. Air raid is almost the Jetsons in his mind.

Advertisement
Over the long term, you got to recruit that local tri-state area well to sustain success at Syracuse like **** McPherson and Paul Pasqualoni were able to do...Dino supposedly struggled with that. He did last 8 years and gave Syracuse their second best season in 25 years...it wasn't an abject failure. Dino probably just more of a MAC/G5 type of head coach...maybe an OC if he wants to take it easy. Could probably do ACC Network if he wanted, too.

The other problem with cuse is they would get a lot of Florida kids back in the day .

I think Babers would be a very good OC. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach and I think sometimes, some on this board fail to make that distinction. Just because a good coordinator fails at being a head coach doesn't mean he belongs on the trash heap. I'm a big fan of good experienced football coaches who go back to their area of expertise after failing as HCs. Babers would be a very intriguing option as OC for us but that is completely hypothetical since there is zero chance Mario would hire him even if we were looking for an OC.

Just for fun, let's say Chip Kelly gets fired at UCLA. Assuming that he would be interested in going back to being an OC, there would be major interest in him. Not that it would ever happen but I would love Chip Kelly as OC here and it has nothing to do with his "system". Imagine the advantages of having an OC with the type of coaching experience Kelly has. Having been a head coach in the NFL for two different franchises and two head coaching stints in P5. Kelly was fired from both NFL teams he coached and his record at UCLA is a lackluster 33-33. Still all that experience would be very valuable to any head coach who hired Kelly in the role that led him to prominence in the first place offensive coordinator.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back