Dinner with Coach Golden

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
WE had our annual dinner in Orlando last night with the coach, Blake, Joey Z and Sebastian. THe setting was very nice and Al was very available for pictures, autographs and just candid conversation both before and after dinner. He did a question and answer on stage and I specifically asked about us not getting the ball to Duke in the passing game. He said that it was priority for the QB's to do a better job in checking down and getting him the ball in space. He said Duke was weighing 209 at the end of spring and ran a 4.55 even though he wasn't cleared to run at the time.

He said we now have 9 linebackers weighing 230 or more and everyone running under a 4.75 with Grace running a 4.43. Joey Z said he was at facility one day when this huge man walked by and he asked which pro team he was a player for and was told that he was Michael Wyche. He is at 340 and if he can play would be a big man in the middle. He talked about Crawford and his unselfishness to do whatever necessary for the team and how well he played in spring.

He sounded like he really thinks Williams could be back in Sept though I wonder how viable that is and that Olsen was improving though personally I duidn't see it so that is probably just coach speak. After dinner I asked him about Rosier as I told him I was excited to see what he could do. He said you have good reason to be excited, he said he has 10 inch hands is almost as tall as Golden and is a passing QB who can run, not the other way around. He thinks Flowers can be the best OT in college this year and is really up on Isidora and Gadbois for their improvement and toughness.

All in all it was a great event with a lot of expected answers but he is easily the best people person we have had at coach when just talking one on one and you can't help wanting to see him succeed. Blake was asked about the soccer stadium and said unless it was 45-50 thousand or more in capacity that it was not a viable option.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really wanted to see Coley/Williams this year to see the interaction compared to Coley/Morris that way we could have had a clearer picture of just what Coley wants to do at times. Stating the obvious but I love our linebackers and Grace is going to make a lot of plays this season. He's too natural and too good to keep off the field.

Glad I got to this thread before it turned to ****. Great post, repped. Can't wait for the season. :neonu:

Really wanted to see Coley/Williams this year to see the interaction compared to Coley/Morris that way we could have had a clearer picture of just what Coley wants to do at times. Stating the obvious but I love our linebackers and Grace is going to make a lot of plays this season. He's too natural and too good to keep off the field.

The LB commentary was also in reference to increased depth at the position vs. coming off of the KState game a few years ago where there was only 3 LBs and Fentress had to play. Also that he was really looking forward to McCray and Smith is the mix.

Said that Dobard, Carter, Burns and Coley have taken on an attitude of working extremely hard independently and that has changed a dynamic within the locker room.

Advertisement
Glad I got to this thread before it turned to ****. Great post, repped. Can't wait for the season. :neonu:

and here we go...

any coach D sitings

74.jpg

Discussed how when Duke got hurt, he was pretty devastated about it and it took a while for the team to snap him out of it. But once he got his head around it, he was right back at it like the OP said. Turned in a 4.55 when he wasn't expected to run, Gus posting about a 4.53. Duke has really been a mentor to Gus and Yearby.

They need to clean up the site, so all these malcontents don't get to bask in the glory of a 10+ win season, including a win against FSU.

The bannings should commence immediately.

Advertisement

I think Grace can be the best of the bunch as he puts on more bulk.

Going to be a very interesting season. I feel like a few little things could pull our team one way or another

Advertisement

Your life must be absolutely miserable.

What a tight-a$$ !

Give me an address, I'll send you a dollar, and you can buy some personality - doubling what you got right now.

did anyone ask him why he refuses to change the defense? how he can talk to anyone with a straight face after getting embarrassed over and over again running the exact same garbage scheme?

Going to be a very interesting season. I feel like a few little things could pull our team one way or another

To me the opener vs Louisville will tell pretty much the whole story. If we get beat/lose badly I could see the wheels falling off immediately.

I'm all over the place on what I think our final record will be.

Advertisement
Back