didn't realize NIL money was like this

People believed that the houses and cars they saw on "MTV Cribs" actually belonged to the celebrities on the show. It's the reason people post these types of things on social media.

Myself, I'd rather everyone assume I was broke. Nothing good can come from a bunch of strangers thinking you have way more money than you really do.
THATS A LIE CAUSE CLOUT AND SOCIAL MEDIA LIKES IS A THING.

ALSO A THING THESE KIDS CHASE ON A DAILY MORE THAN A RUNNING BACK.

a ****** dtackle clout chasing is red flags for me.

Advertisement
Based on some of these responses, I have a sense a lot of people here aren't homeowners.

Assuming a $400K home --> 10% down for a first time buyer --> $40K + taxes and closing costs (we can round that up to $50K, though it should be less). That's about $2.5K a month in principal + interest for the mortgage, maybe another $500-$1K monthly in property taxes, insurance, and potentially PMI/HOA/escrow depending on location. ****, add another $500 a month in utilities.

He could probably have mom covered for the down and first full year's payments/taxes/insurance/utilities with ~$100K. If he's covering the down payment while the monthly payments and utilities are split between him and his mother, he could easily make this happen on $75K annual NIL.

Would you underwrite that loan in this market?

Those materials are made available to each student who purchases my $3,500 six-week masterclass in money management. This is the one class that Wall Street insiders don't want you to know about.
If the course includes the “one weird trick that that will triple your wealth in six weeks” then sign me up!

Advertisement
Not triggered. I could care less about this kid or UF or even the specifics of any given NIL deal. I was just approaching the conversation from a NIL budget perspective. Don’t see how any team could afford to pay 85 kids house purchasing money. And since this kid is just an average kid for UF, the implication is UF would need a massive annual NIL budget to compete. e.g. per my above post, if kids like this are getting 300K annually that would equate to 25M across 85 scholarship players plus whatever the top players require over and above that.
NIL is a combination of multiple income sources. Jersey or apparel sales with player numbers come from Adidas, Jordan, Nike etc via the schools contract. Video game revenue is separate. Small business advertising, is batched through collectives. I have seen car dealers, jewelers, restaurants, social media posts, life wallet, podcast appearances, autograph signings, guest appearnces, all kinds of stuff negotiated through an agent, through the collectives. The kids (young men) simply gets a monthly schedule and a monthly check. Enthusiastic alums that run businesses use collectives and happily overpay for their services. Donating to a collective is a 100% tax write off. So is advertising.

I donate a small amount to canes connection monthly and I live in San Antonio, with zero business ties to Florida. A lot of us do and it adds up. The money is there and I am happy to see the players get it. Yes, the market will fluctuate. No, 85 players don't get the same exact check on any team. But this dude got enough for a house. Good for him.

Y'all need to go watch the first 20 mins of the Shannon Sharpe interview with Johnny Manziel. Nothing that we all didn't already know, but he basically breaks it down how much money was out there, even back then.

Y'all need to go watch the first 20 mins of the Shannon Sharpe interview with Johnny Manziel. Nothing that we all didn't already know, but he basically breaks it down how much money was out there, even back then.

Johnny football would have made millions on NIL deals. A rando 3 star gator recruit isn’t quite at that level.

THATS A LIE CAUSE CLOUT AND SOCIAL MEDIA LIKES IS A THING.

ALSO A THING THESE KIDS CHASE ON A DAILY MORE THAN A RUNNING BACK.

a ****** dtackle clout chasing is red flags for me.
Yeah, as a grown man. None of that matters to me. I could see how kids would want to show off though. They don’t know any better

Advertisement
300k annual or over the course of their 3-5 years with the program? Because I was under the (no insider) impression that non headliner-starters were making 50-75k annual, which would align with the latter scenario. 300k annual seems really high, would essentially mean teams need 25M NIL budgets just to keep their 85 guys not counting headliners like Ward et al.
300 each for 1 year. Now they are both very good players. The ILB lead the ACC in tackling for 4 years before leaving for Iowa.
The WR just broke his school records for TD’s and receptions

300 each for 1 year. Now they are both very good players. The ILB lead the ACC in tackling for 4 years before leaving for Iowa.
The WR just broke his school records for TD’s and receptions
I would put guys like that in a higher tier than regular old 3 star high school recruit though. It’s likely both guys had multiple schools bidding for their service.

Why? Cfb is billion dollar business! I hope ALLL them boys buy BIG HOUSE AND WHATEVER ELSE POSSIBLE! :kypowcc:
Exactly! These dudes on here be killin me wit dis BS! They don’t understand how hard it is coming up in the hood or inner city areas! It don’t matter if it’s a down payment or he purchased the whole house! That’s a great thing that they can help get their parents out the slums! It’s ruff in the hood/trenches! Trust me I know! It makes them feel good and it’s a major accomplishment! So they should post it! IDGAF what school the kid goes to bc it’s bigger than football then! Let these kids live & stop counting their pockets! Y’all too grown 4 dat ****

Advertisement
I would put guys like that in a higher tier than regular old 3 star high school recruit though. It’s likely both guys had multiple schools bidding for their service.
What do you think the recruit received? 50k or more? I honestly don’t know.

Maybe he gave her the money for a down payment. Or maybe it's a rental. I mean are gator 3 star kids getting half a million or more? Because that's what homes go for in Florida.
its likely a down payment and who knows if he even avoided the PMI

Advertisement
Half of the twitter posters are foaming at the mouth with jealousy and glitching just like you are. Kid bought a house with NIL money. It wasn't magic. It's the new free market in CFB. It might take a few more years to get your head around it. You can always bookmark his Twitter and check every few months to see if he foreclosed on it. That will make you feel better.
Huh? Jealous? Why is this topic so sensitive and personal to you?

Just because I'm skeptical that a 17 or 18 year old kid with no credit and no employment history could purportedly afford to purchase a home doesn't make me "jealous" or "glitching" (whatever that is). It just means that unlike you, I don't believe that everything I see or read on the internet is true.

Huh? Jealous? Why is this topic so sensitive and personal to you?

Just because I'm skeptical that a 17 or 18 year old kid with no credit and no employment history could purportedly afford to purchase a home doesn't make me "jealous" or "glitching" (whatever that is). It just means that unlike you, I don't believe that everything I see or read on the internet is true.
Having no employment or credit history does not mean someone has no income. The kid bought his Momma a house. It's a good day.

Advertisement
Back