didn't realize NIL money was like this

Good for him and his family.. if he can play ball in college and help his family get a big leg up then it's a win. I like that a kid can help himself and his family even if he doesn't make the NFL. The world needs more people to do well.

Advertisement
You can find a 4/3 house in Central Florida for high $300k if you go to Northern Lake County which is halfway to Gainesville, and that's probably what the youngman did.

View attachment 282872

Go Canes
You could have at least blurred out the address. Football fans are crazy people.

This whole NIL thing isn't gonna last in the form it is currently in. Donors to these collectives will stop the money flow in the next 5-10 years.

One cam hope as it's all pay for play, here included.

Still, I will never underestimate the average person who contributes to athletic endeavors with regards to college athletics. Even if it's $100 or $500 as an average, big schools can make a pretty big war chest quickly. It'll take something more than the donors stopping.

Advertisement
A 3 star Dlineman should expect $2-300,000. Maybe he didn’t buy the home outright but he would certainly have been able to do a lot for his mom.
And frankly I prefer this story over UGA quarterback Carson Beck already wasting his money on a Lamborghini. Cars are about the single worst investment anyone can ever make, next to boats and planes, and timeshares.

IMO, there is no way a recruit like that gets house purchasing money. Not even a down payment. It's a rental. But a rental is still life changing for the family. Good for him and them.
Why are you so triggered? Kid bought a house. Your comment about a rental is false.

Advertisement
A 3 star Dlineman should expect $2-300,000. Maybe he didn’t buy the home outright but he would certainly have been able to do a lot for his mom.
And frankly I prefer this story over UGA quarterback Carson Beck already wasting his money on a Lamborghini. Cars are about the single worst investment anyone can ever make, next to boats and planes, and timeshares.
300k for a 3☆ DL? You buggin. If a star QB Is getting 1.2m a year, a freshman DL that isn't highly recruited is probably making less than 10% of that. A 12m salary cap for 85 players ain't lending 200k to the 12th best DL on the roster.

That's not nearly as heartwarming as Beck at UGA. If the universities really cared about the kids, they'd make financial management a required class for every one of them who receives NIL money.

Great story, but the idea that a mortgage company is giving a loan to a kid with no employment history based on NIL that has likely very questionable origins and sustainability is kind of fanciful.
I was going to mention this too. He likely has no credit either. No 18 year old does. So either he bought a 400k house cash or he gave his family 30-40 grand to have a down payment. Or he just payed a year’s rent on a $2000/month house up front. Florida is openly admitting they can’t keep up with opponents NIL spending. I find it hard to believe they gave a 3 star recruit seven figures.

Advertisement
Great story, but the idea that a mortgage company is giving a loan to a kid with no employment history based on NIL that has likely very questionable origins and sustainability is kind of fanciful.
Half of the twitter posters are foaming at the mouth with jealousy and glitching just like you are. Kid bought a house with NIL money. It wasn't magic. It's the new free market in CFB. It might take a few more years to get your head around it. You can always bookmark his Twitter and check every few months to see if he foreclosed on it. That will make you feel better.

My issue with NIL is that the NCAA and universities should be paying players directly, as they are no longer student athletes; they are MERCENARIES.

CFB is simply another pro league with little oversight. The NCAA doesn't care, because it's raking in billions - as are the agents, TV networks, etc.

Some can pretend that this is still college football, but that's just an illusion.

There is no reason anyone should be having to donate to a multi-billion dollar industry.

Like any other industry, if it can't sustain itself, then it changes how it does business, or it goes out of business.

I was going to mention this too. He likely has no credit either. No 18 year old does. So either he bought a 400k house cash or he gave his family 30-40 grand to have a down payment. Or he just payed a year’s rent on a $2000/month house up front. Florida is openly admitting they can’t keep up with opponents NIL spending. I find it hard to believe they gave a 3 star recruit seven figures.
This. There’s a lot of people in here that don’t understand mortgage or the process of purchasing a home. Everyone keeps saying he paid the down payment. Ok, so UF gave him $50K+ up front? Even with that, no lender is approving a mortgage for an 18 year old with no credit history and proof of income. My guess is that it’s either a rental or one of the SEC deals where the family lives there for free.

Either way it’s a great story of a young man succeeding and providing for his family. It doesn’t matter how. Good for him

Advertisement
My issue with NIL is that the NCAA and universities should be paying players directly, as they are no longer student athletes; they are MERCENARIES.

CFB is simply another pro league with little oversight. The NCAA doesn't care, because it's raking in billions - as are the agents, TV networks, etc.

Some can pretend that this is still college football, but that's just an illusion.

There is no reason anyone should be having to donate to a multi-billion dollar industry.

Like any other industry, if it can't sustain itself, then it changes how it does business, or it goes out of business.
All true...at this point should the universities just drop the "student" part from student-athlete?

300k for a 3☆ DL? You buggin. If a star QB Is getting 1.2m a year, a freshman DL that isn't highly recruited is probably making less than 10% of that. A 12m salary cap for 85 players ain't lending 200k to the 12th best DL on the roster.
I have very good friends whose boys are receiving 300k as an ILB and the same as a WR. Now both are experienced and have stats to back up their NIL deals, so maybe this recruit is receiving 150-200k. Either way, my point is that he is receiving enough to substantially help his mom purchase a home.

Advertisement
Back