Didn’t see the game. How did he ***** up this week?

WndyCityCane

Recruit
Not surprisingly, I am reading a lot about our esteemed 80 million dollar man’s in game blunders yet again.

Unfortunately, for fortunately, I could not aee the game. Can someone elaborate on this weeks atrocities?

Timeout mismanagement? Playing not to lose? Not taking a knee? Clueless about the clock? Undisciplined penalties? Dumb play calling?

From the sounds of this board, is literally writing the book on how not to coach.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Not surprisingly, I am reading a lot about our esteemed 80 million dollar man’s in game blunders yet again.

Unfortunately, for fortunately, I could not aee the game. Can someone elaborate on this weeks atrocities?

From the sounds of this board, is literally writing the book on how not to coach.

Go Canes!
If you had to guess, since Mario's tenure, how would you think Miami lost?

Timeout mismanagement? Playing not to lose? Not taking a knee? Clueless about the clock?

Go Canes!
Had little to do with Mario.

We literally changed offensive scheme from one quarter to another...it was maddening.
But the arm chair savants and Mario fans will tell you it was the D or TVD

Advertisement
An atrocious spot on last drive of first half saved Louisville over 20 seconds allowing them to score a TD at end of half. Then Miami did what they always do in fourth quarters of close games. They play not to win

Timeout mismanagement? Playing not to lose? Not taking a knee? Clueless about the clock? Undisciplined penalties? Dumb play calling?

Go Canes!

Best answer he was on sidelines

Advertisement
1. We’re up 21-14 with 3 minutes and change left in the 2Q. Despite the offense performing well and beating their 1v1 coverages, he goes full conservative mode. 3 and out, punt. Louisville drives down and scores a TD before half.

2. We’re down 31-28 with 6 min left. 3rd and 11 from the 35 or so. We run, it’s stuffed, conservative bro mode to play for the Field goal. Kick is good, Louisville scores a TD within 2 min on a busted defensive play.

3. We’re driving down with 2 min left at the 3. 1st and goal. We run, stuffed. We throw twice, incomplete both times. We burn a timeout, come out in the same exact formation as we showed, incomplete. Turnover on downs. We get the ball back, but because we blew that one timeout, we only had 20 seconds to operate instead of having a minute.

That basically sums it up.

Other than the usual Mario screwups the 2 units we thought were pretty decent crapped the bed today…the Oline,Mario’s pride and joy couldn’t block Louisville’s pass rush and the defense that has played pretty good missed so many tackle today my calculator burnt up trying to keep up with the count.

If you had to guess, since Mario's tenure, how would you think Miami lost?
1. We’re up 21-14 with 3 minutes and change left in the 2Q. Despite the offense performing well and beating their 1v1 coverages, he goes full conservative mode. 3 and out, punt. Louisville drives down and scores a TD before half.

2. We’re down 31-28 with 6 min left. 3rd and 11 from the 35 or so. We run, it’s stuffed, conservative bro mode to play for the Field goal. Kick is good, Louisville scores a TD within 2 min on a busted defensive play.

3. We’re driving down with 2 min left at the 3. 1st and goal. We run, stuffed. We throw twice, incomplete both times. We burn a timeout, come out in the same exact formation as we showed, incomplete. Turnover on downs. We get the ball back, but because we blew that one timeout, we only had 20 seconds to operate instead of having a minute.

So we burn a timeout that we desperately needed if we don’t score - while the clock was stopped anyways?

Advertisement

that series before the first half was just embarrassing, and the worst part is i (and i'm sure many other miami fans) knew 100% that that conservative 3-and-out was coming.

Advertisement
Back