Did we win today?

I'm always happy when we win. Having said that, the reason the mood on the board isn't as chipper as you would like is the fact that despite the win, this team specifically the offense and special teams have a myriad of issues that need to be addressed ASAP. These issues go much deeper than play calling. The entire foundation on which this boring offense is built on is seemingly made of cardboard. It's not just that the play calling sucks its that in year 3 this offense is incapable of doing anything well. This offense is dysfunctional on every level. This offense has no grasp much less mastery of the fundamentals. The coaching at every position group on offense subpar with the QBs and OL being especially dismal.

To make matters worse, none of us have any faith that these issues will be addressed this off season and if by some miracle they are addressed, nobody has any faith that this administration will address the issues in a manner that will ultimately solve them. Now add to the above the fact that this particular VT squad is as putrid as any team the Hokies have put on the field in recent memory. I don't know what you were expecting but given the circumstances you're not going to see us all holding hands and singing Kumbahaya even after beating VT in Blacksburg.

Advertisement
Better than 5-6? I get the disappointment in general. But can we get a reprieve from the doom and gloom for at least 24 hours?
Would you like a board full of rah-rah, blow smoke up our butts threads? We supposed to play like that. You want a cookie for doing what you supposed to do? VT is a terrible team, btw. And we may only slightly better.

Are you kidding? In the land where it never snows, people have to complain about something.
crop-640x360-000.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back