Did we kick the tires on Randy Charlton, Antoine Collier from UCF

powelkm

Recruit
I watched UCF and GT and Charlton was everywhere making game changing plays for the UCF defense. I know we have no issues on recruiting DEs, I'm just curious if we recruited this kid. Antoine Collier looks like one of those Miami corners we should've offered and signed while we wasted time hoping for 5 stars that spurn us yearly. Not saying we shouldn't go after the best just make sure we get guys who can develop and be Miami caliber after a year or two mixed in with portal and juco dudes until the projects are ready

Advertisement
Charlton was one of my favorite players that year. I think Miami viewed him as a tweener.

Miami kicked the tires on Collier but ultimately cooled.
Good to know and thanks. Charlton was beasting yesterday and of course I had to google his bio, lol.

Charlton was one of my favorite players that year. I think Miami viewed him as a tweener.

charlton was apart of the southridge championship team from '17 correct? they also had another good de on the other side but i forget his name

Advertisement
It’s amazing to me that randy has those “two tier” DBs from
South Florida and they are balling! He couldn’t recruit them when he was here, they were not 6-1 or taller lolol

Advertisement

We have passed on more good CBs than we have landed since 2016-2017. Not even guys we have missed.. guys we have told no thanks.

Collier, Keidron Smith is good at Ole Miss, Nick Roberts went to USF and has been their best DB, James Wiggins at Cincinnati (I think he plays safety but he's on all kinds of watch lists now). That's just off the top of my head. Sure there's more

We have passed on more good CBs than we have landed since 2016-2017. Not even guys we have missed.. guys we have told no thanks.

Collier, Keidron Smith is good at Ole Miss, Nick Roberts went to USF and has been their best DB, James Wiggins at Cincinnati (I think he plays safety but he's on all kinds of watch lists now). That's just off the top of my head. Sure there's more

To add to this list, Rashad Fenton and James Pierre are in the NFL.

Advertisement
Nebraska wanted both of them ironically.

Mike Riley wanted Collier, they had taken his teammate in the 2016 class and he was peer recruiting him, but he waited until **** near signing day for a UM offer that never came & chose UCF over Illinois

Scott Frost tried to flip Randy after he got hired but his mom didn't want him going that far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back